• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Whats happening in this file?

gabagoo

I am going to post 2 pictures. I upgraded to the subscription Flexi and I have a new Mimaki printer. This is one of the first new jobs going through and I have never seen this on my old mimaki with the older software.
This file was a pdf file and you can see in one picture the production manager pic of the graphic before being sent...everything looks good, then it prints and in the second picture you see how it has shifted one element over to the left side. I was always pretty sure once you saw it in production manager that was what it would print? In the 12 years of running my older setup I have never once encountered this.....any ideas on what is happening?

Attachments

• IMG_1645.jpg
    IMG_1645.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_1646.jpg
    IMG_1646.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 254

bannertime

I had something similar happen once. But I can't remember what I did to resolve it. I exported and reset the file in Illustrator.

floater302

Did you try resrting product manager if so, if you just added that printer, delete it and reinstall the printer, I run valuejets and never had that happen in flexi.

floater302

NewDid you try resrting product manager if so, if you just added that printer, delete it and reinstall the printer, I run valuejets and never had that happen in flexi.

gabagoo

All new software in a new computer.... On the last run I grouped all the bojects and it still moved that one piece to the left. This is basically my first print and cut job in this new system and I am worried that this is the sort of thing you don't catch until it is too late...hoiw many more times might it occur. I will convert the file into a bitmap...nothing can possibly move lol

mmblarg

This may not apply to your situation, but we'll have the occasional picky file that does something stupid like this. In every case for us we have to separate all effects in that file. If there is an outline, right click and separate it so it becomes a new object rather than an editable outline. This applies to outlines, shadows, distorts, stripes, etc - anything that is an effect that can be changed and adjusted in the Design Central tool has to be separated, even if that effect isn't the component that is doing something screwy in the final print. It's just a weird glitch.

Hope this helps.

Connie Fry

I use flexi and versaworks. I noticed I had a similar problem when I went to print and cut and it moved to the left. I had to center on media each time I ran the printer. Also, try grouping your images.