• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What's in my wallet?

Techman

I was deep in debt. Its gone now.. But while paying off this huge debt I learned a technique that is just what the doctor ordered.
But you have to be disciplined.

The shortcut to a payoff was a line of credit at Prime rate of 3.25%. That reduces the interest rate down to 30-50 bux a month for a balance in the teens. The debt pay down came so much faster than spending 300-500 a month just for interest.

If I may suggest.. ppl get a line of credit in addition to a credit card. All you do is write a check to pay off the CC each month. Write a check for all other expenses as well. Its just like if you paid cash. Then if the CC company plays its rape game you just walk away from it.

Then all money income is deposited into the line of credit just like your regular checking account. Actually that is what it is. Its a fancy name for a checking account. The result is it reduces the average balance from which your interest payment is calculated. The average balance will be just a few hundred bux with interest at 3.25%. The interest charge is about the same or less than the service charge on many commercial accounts.

At the end of the month you write yourself a paycheck. Your balance in the line of credit should always be around 0 zero.

You will save hundreds in interest each month. What you pay in interest is tax deductible. The relief is palpable when the debt is paid down so much faster and you have cash in your pocket.

mountaingraphic

Great accomplishment! Debt is an unfortunante but necessary evil sometimes. The main thing to remember is to pay the balance and pay it on time. If you dont have the cash you dont need it (unless its for non-consumer debt such as a home, auto i.e).

The problem with cash is that one day you will be required to go in debt for something(unless your fortunante enough to have large stashes of cash) such as a home and if you pay cash for everything then you will have a low credit <read as debt> score.

inthesignbiz

Got 3 Platinum something or another.
Can't remember.
And a Gold Lowe's Card.

All paid and canceled.

Just keep them in there so the debit card
doesn't get lonely.

Last edited:

Pat Whatley

Got 3 Platinum something or another.
Can't remember.
And a Gold Lowe's Card.

All paid and canceled.

Just keep them in there so the debit card
doesn't get lonely.

:ROFLMAO: I've got four expired credit cards in my wallet just to make it thick enough to not fall out of my pocket.

WrapperX

I'm fighting that battle as we speak. I'm looking at it and its gonna be at least 3 years from today that I'll have them paid off. It was a time of living life a little to carelessly and now its caught up with us - my wife and I - but we have destroyed the cards so that we can't put anything more on them. More then likely we will keep them open when they get paid off just in case. The lesson is learned to not spend on them unless absolutely necessary...yet doing bills these days is very VERY depressing. Watching all this hard earned money go out the door faster then it came in.