• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What's up with 3M?

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I saw the other thread on the 8518 laminate being blotchy, half way through a roll and we're seeing the same thing, it's really bad and it doesn't seem to go away with heat. I opened up a roll of 30" 8518 and it looks like a dirty roller went down the entire thing on the side and middle. Now, the roll of IJ40 we got is printing really blotchy and nothing has changed on our end, same profile, same printer, same material and it doesn't show up on any other material.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
oy vay. We use a lot of both. Haven't seen any problems with the IJ40 (yet).

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Is that confucious?

Nope, it's a fact, jack.

Years ago, when you had inconsistent printing problems, they would say things like..... was this printed on the third tuesday of the month ?? or was it printed during nighttime hours ?? All kindsa stupid@ss sh!t. Don't know if they were serious, but they actually would say/ask those things.

Notarealsignguy

Oh yeah, I know how it goes with bad material. The warranty isn't worth more than the paper it's printed on. I have some unopened rolls of 8518, think I am going to send them back and get 3270.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Oh yeah, I know how it goes with bad material. The warranty isn't worth more than the paper it's printed on. I have some unopened rolls of 8518, think I am going to send them back and get 3270.

Who printed the warranty and on what kinda paper, since it's worthless ?? Was it 3M or avery ??

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It's trucked in by the train car load from florida. No one there knows how to print on that crappy paper. We have lotsa illegal alien shops who'll print on anything and just about for nothing, too.

petepaz

years ago we had a specialty material we ordered from flexcon and it delaminated so we tried to get a refund and or new material they said no to both and just told us " yeah that can happen"
:banghead:
3m is next to god so they can do what they want and not worry you will ever order from them again or not

Notarealsignguy

years ago we had a specialty material we ordered from flexcon and it delaminated so we tried to get a refund and or new material they said no to both and just told us " yeah that can happen"
:banghead:
3m is next to god so they can do what they want and not worry you will ever order from them again or not
I emailed 3M, this is how that will go:
leonardo-leonardo-dicaprio.gif

petepaz

Just returned a roll of white reflective to fellers and we got credit within about 2 days.
through a distributor it's usually not a problem but on some items we deal with 3m directly because of the quantities we purchase so when we have an issue that we deal with them direct they can be a little difficult, same with flexcon

Gino

Premium Subscriber
What y'all need to do is get all your complaints together and create a class action suit. There's might in numbers.

Aklaim

What y'all need to do is get all your complaints together and create a class action suit. There's might in numbers.
That worked years ago with Avery, but that's because almost everything they were turning out was failing. I can't see isolated instances of a defective lot going to class action.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
I get a bad roll or two every year. I buy from Fellers and If I get a bad roll they send out a replacement and a call tag the same day. Never had an issue returning for a replacement.