• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rant When did this all come about.......?????

Arlo Kalon 2.0

I've gotten in the habit of having closed captioning on the tv a lot now since a noisy little grandson lives with us. It's absolutely amazing how much "ummm" is in every television character's dialogue. Almost as if it's dictated in a writing standards manual somewhere. Never noticed it until I started reading it in every other sentence on everything I watch.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
No matter what design you come up with they'll still come back with "that's not what I had in mind at all"

DerbyCitySignGuy

No matter what design you come up with they'll still come back with "that's not what I had in mind at all"

I "designed" a business card for someone the other day who "didn't really care" what it looked like. Needless to say, it looked completely different once it was all said and done.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
I've gotten in the habit of having closed captioning on the tv a lot now since a noisy little grandson lives with us. It's absolutely amazing how much "ummm" is in every television character's dialogue. Almost as if it's dictated in a writing standards manual somewhere. Never noticed it until I started reading it in every other sentence on everything I watch.

Ever notice how every conversation starts with the person's name? Drives me insane. If there's only the two of you anywhere near and you already know each other why would you start by saying their name? And every time a person gets out of a car they leave the headlights on and the door open. These are not natural occurrences people!

DerbyCitySignGuy

Ever notice how every conversation starts with the person's name? Drives me insane. If there's only the two of you anywhere near and you already know each other why would you start by saying their name? And every time a person gets out of a car they leave the headlights on and the door open. These are not natural occurrences people!

Or when they walk into their house?! Who leaves their front door open while they put stuff away?

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker

Lol, with new people I will try to use their name in a sentence a few times so I can try to remember it better for next time. Not sure about the car doors and all

TammieH

Just look at the guy at the top of of the US Government, Intelligent? He sure believes he is, knowing all the best words and stuff.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Just look at the guy at the top of of the US Government, Intelligent? He sure believes he is, knowing all the best words and stuff.

Why is it that specimens such as yourself either allude to or outright name Trump as some sort of doofus totally out of the blue? When his predecessor was in office no one ever commented on the fusillade of 'um's, 'er's, 'ah's, etc. [not to mention 'corpse-man'] that issued forth whenever a teleprompter wasn't readily to hand as compared to the regularity of either the oblique or full frontal Trump bashing current in there waters. Why is that?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Which guy at the top?
Steve Bannon
Jared Kushner
Big Business Lobbyists
Israel
Stormy Daniels
Russians

Media conspiracies have it changing weekly (if not daily) so you have to be more specific.

wayne k
guam usa

DerbyCitySignGuy

Why is it that specimens such as yourself either allude to or outright name Trump as some sort of doofus totally out of the blue? When his predecessor was in office no one ever commented on the fusillade of 'um's, 'er's, 'ah's, etc. [not to mention 'corpse-man'] that issued forth whenever a teleprompter wasn't readily to hand as compared to the regularity of either the oblique or full frontal Trump bashing current in there waters. Why is that?

Because, like him or not, Obama could at least string together coherent sentences without a teleprompter? He was very presidential, eloquent, and intelligent. I didn't necessarily like everything he said or did, but at least I wasn't embarrassed every time he opened his mouth or tweeted.

Trump is a buffoon. He's an embarrassment to this country. We're the laughing stock of the rest of the world (minus a few fascists and dictators who love the guy). I hear he's super popular with certain crowds though. You know the ones.