When Will Adobe Do This...

I have to wonder when Adobe will institute something like this.

I'm sure anyone that uses these programs oh 6 days or less per month probably makes sense, anything more then that per month, probably not.

While some on here I'm sure just love their subscriptions, more and more, I'm glad that I don't have to deal with it anymore.

I do know that some on here may occasionally use more the modeling programs for 3D Printing (or maybe not due to the cost of said programs). May be worth it for y'all.

rjssigns

I'd rather have the tokens be for X amount of hours. But Autodesk knows that would be reasonable so they only last 24 hours. Or maybe I'd the only one that gets called away from what I was doing.

signage

I'd rather have the tokens be for X amount of hours. But Autodesk knows that would be reasonable so they only last 24 hours. Or maybe I'd the only one that gets called away from what I was doing.
Then you would be complaining about your internet speed, can't make everyone happy, unless it is free:dog42:

JBurton

Signtologist
Oh god. I can see the emails flying already.
Attn: accounting
subject: need another PO for more tokens
Angela, Jimbo used the last of today's tokens modeling a **** he keeps working on in his down time. To be fair, he's really got a lot of detail put into it, but I digress, I can't get these new Keds modeled without more tokens. We will sit here with our thumbs up our a** until you get back to me.

Johnny Best

Very Active Member
Sounds like they are trying to squeeze some more money out of their software. I have moved to Affinity Photo and Designer.
Adobe is parking meter software.

Sounds like they are trying to squeeze some more money out of their software. I have moved to Affinity Photo and Designer.
Adobe is parking meter software.
Don't worry though, pretty soon hardware OEMs are going to be right up there with them, some quicker then others.

$21 to use autocad for a day seems a little steep.
If my math is correct, keep in mind I am an aggie, compared to a yearly subscription, if "you" use it 6 days a month or less, it is cheaper then a year subscription. That's if one needs something like this.

I'm more of a traditional perpetual license kinda guy, even if the upfront cost is more (and again, I come from the land of $15k software for 1 piece of software, not a suite, the upgrade cost is about the cost of the CS Master Suite new). But that does appear to be a dying model. Brave new world, at least it better be.