• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Where could I get this Lightbox?

Stevealex

Hello, A Customer Called me the other day to ask if i could replace this sign which had been side swiped by a car. She wants it replaced with one exactly like it. I haven't worked with any Light Box / Back-lit Signage and I have searched alot on the net for this model but have not found anything like it. Also any stickers have been painted over with red paint and so I have nothing to go by. Has anyone seen this shape of light-box or know where I might get one. Thank you!

Attachments

• Lightbox.jpg
    Lightbox.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 99
J

john1

I am not into this type of work but there is a company near me who does custom lightbox signs like this. You should be able to get the pieces from a supplier and custom make it to any shape you want. The back lit faces would need to be routed out of a sheet to fit.

Might be something you want to pass on if your unable to custom make a sign box.

Good luck!

Stevealex

I'm thinking it might be custom made but I was hoping it wasn't. I can do the inserts just fine but the frame and electrical are things I don't know much about. Your right I may outsource that. Thx

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Is this a chain restaurant? Either way, it looks custom to me. You can use stock extrusion or cut up some angle, weld, bend the returns, fashion an attachment to the post to what's existing... one question, if this is electrical, do you need a contractors license to mess with it?

Stevealex

Good Question Rick. I Haven't really messed with these types of signs before so Im not sure if I would need one as long as I don't go messing with wires but I should find out. It Used to be a restaurant called Country Kitchen then they went out of business and this new restaurant came in and they are not a chain restaurant but they kept these signs since they are sort of ambiguous.

ThinkRight

Take it down, remove the sign,take to sheet metal shop and have it duplicated and painted. The electrical is easy,the sheet metal shop should be able to do it.Make new inserts,install and clean up.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
The cabinet (just like internally illuminated letters) is part of an electrical sign since portion of it's structure has to meet certain standards for an electrical sign. (NEC, UL, AZ Building Code)

I believe your state is anything over 1000 bucks, (http://www.azleg.gov/ars/32/01121.htm) unless electrical is involved, if you have to remove that cabinet, you are going to mess with the electrical.

Stevealex

Thanks Guys. More goes into all this than I thought. I wonder if It would pay to have an electrician take it down, then either fix it or replace it myself and have the electrician mount it.

MikePro

never hurts to hire an electrician... cause it could if you don't :)

rip it, sand it, weld it, paint it, stick it back up!

UFB Fabrication

Do you have a local sign shop that does a lot of service and install? They will likely be cheaper than a electrician. The electrician who will be good at most stuff may struggle finding components to get you going. Example local elec supply house wanted 12 bucks for a 3 dollar lamp at sign supply house.