• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Where do you buy your vinyl?

SCDesign

Just wondering what avenues work best for everyone. We have a couple of local suppliers, but when they run out of stock, we have to go through Grimco or Fellers, and their prices can be a little insane depending on the product. Any alternative suppliers that you recommend?

SCDesign

My experience has been Reece has the best prices and better product...
I used N-glance years ago and didn't care for them... I think they dropped the ball a few times.
Good to know. Thanks! It's too bad that Reece doesn't carry Orafol, but they seem to have a decent selection otherwise.

Yeahgor

Born to be The Designer.
Today I had the bad experience of ordering vinyl from my local Glanz branch. Sometimes they don't have very popular items in stock. When you place an order on their website, you don't see the final total. However, when it arrives at the local branch, you will see additional freight charges for domestic delivery from the branch with this item to the local branch. They will charge you for this freight even if you didn't ask for fast shipping and are willing to pick up from your local warehouse. Thus, Glantz calls it freight transport, but in the rest of the business world it is called "internal transport between warehouses".

IsItFasst

I really am not "supplier loyal" as I've seen some pricing differences as much as $200 per roll. With that being said, I got a Fellers a few minutes from me I used to buy from weekly. But when they stopped giving discounts on 10 yard rolls it made ordering from someplace else much easier. And since supply has been an issue with many products I try and stay on top of things. I do like that they won't let you order something on their site if it is out of stock (usually). Many other suppliers don't let you know it's out of stock until after you ordered (or some don't let you know at all (US Cutter is bad about that). But I still buy quite a bit from Fellers as on some items they have the best pricing (others not so much). Had a not so great experience with my local Grimco twice saying something was in stock but wasn't. Signwarehouse is hit or miss on if their stock count is up to date but still use them quite a bit. I have had some good luck recently with BCI Image on some odd stuff and small rolls of things. I have recently started a supplier list of where I buy things with the best luck of being in stock or good pricing just so I know where to purchase everything (we stock about 100+ colors or materials).

vapor103

Grimco is getting to big for thier britches they haven't had good customer service in a while since they stared exploding and buy everyone out. I've had the best pricing and customer service from piedmont and montroy. Denco isn't bad either but I'd definitely stay away from grimco and midwest as they are grimco owned.

tanner707

Today I had the bad experience of ordering vinyl from my local Glanz branch. Sometimes they don't have very popular items in stock. When you place an order on their website, you don't see the final total. However, when it arrives at the local branch, you will see additional freight charges for domestic delivery from the branch with this item to the local branch. They will charge you for this freight even if you didn't ask for fast shipping and are willing to pick up from your local warehouse. Thus, Glantz calls it freight transport, but in the rest of the business world it is called "internal transport between warehouses".
Their entire website set up is a total mess. That being said, if you have your account settings set up correctly it will show you the amount of inventory in stock. If and item you are looking for is not in stock at your local warehouse, get on the phone and call them. You can usually have it shipped to your local warehouse for free.

Thanks for this thread... my closest supplier is Grimco so I use them 99% of the time but I have really been looking for other suppliers... we wrap a ton of trailers and I buy by the pallet... trying to buy direct from manufacturers but they just tell me to talk to Grimco... I need backups for sure!! North Carolina here if anyone can recommend my area...