• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

where i can get chrome vinyl good quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Butto

wrapped

I did not see anyone wrapping it with chrome vinyl, one video had them painting, but I have seen the Saudi prince cars with real silver.

Farhat

what lenght do i need to wrap this car aproximately?

Attachments

• IMG_2551.jpg
    IMG_2551.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_2552.jpg
    IMG_2552.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 95

MachServTech

I'd like to help, but i'm outta my depth here. I have wrapped some stuff in different types of carbon fiber vinyls, but never a metallic. Very interesting though. I will do some investigating myself on this...out of curiosity.

ronl1975

It would be awesome if they made larger width rolls too .. I couldn't see 24" paneling on the Bentley ..

Farhat

I'd like to help, but i'm outta my depth here. I have wrapped some stuff in different types of carbon fiber vinyls, but never a metallic. Very interesting though. I will do some investigating myself on this...out of curiosity.

if u find smthing about chrome vynils let me know bro..btw u cn check the website i posted above

Browner

You peaked my curiosity.

The thumbnails you posted are watermarked with "Totally Dynamic". A quick google brings up their website. From there, you can see that they are "The UK’s largest vehicle wrapping company". They're also an "official european partner" of Avery graphics.

A quick search on Avery's website would show that they offer a series of "METALLIZED VINYL FILMS". This is what I believe they would be using (although I'm sure you could call/email them and ask). One could assume it would be easier to "wrap" with than a polyester.

However, I've used 3M 210 Deluxe Silver... and wrapping with that would be a PAIN, not to mention $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Farhat

yeah this is the closest I could come to chrome

oracal series 351 polyster chrome

not fun to wrap with

yeah i was chatting with guy from US...he sells chrome oracale..he says chrome oracale is the best comparing to chrome vinyl..but i don know wht is the difference between them... can anyone advice what to use to get perfect chrome look but not paint...BTW that total dynamics i sent them email they havent replied me yet

ronl1975

+1 what Farmboy said ; unless the manufacturer thinks that there is no market in the US for that. It would be a hit with the custom car enthusiasts I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.