• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

where i can get chrome vinyl good quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

ova

A few years back Darrel Waltrip had his NASCAR ride either painted or wrapped in Chrome. I think it was when he was sponsored by Western Auto. Not sure wraps were even in existence than.

I tried putting lam on Oracal chrome first, then cutting the image out so I could try and stretch it around a compound curve. It was not even a solid image. It was a grill effect look for a 33 Willys fiberglass mud bogger truck. No luck. No amount of heat or swearing would let me do the job.

Hope someone comes up with the name of the manf. for this stuff.

jon vital

I'm pretty sure Totally Dynamic use the 3M chrome. There are no special 'wrap' chromes. You just have to be a skilled fitter and do lots of joins.

Farhat

I'm pretty sure Totally Dynamic use the 3M chrome. There are no special 'wrap' chromes. You just have to be a skilled fitter and do lots of joins.

Good bro) u r the one who tells me somthng useful...i found alredy 3m they do have carbon and matte vinyls..im not sure do they have chrome i mailed them yday but no reply yet(((((
im not sure one guy he is a distributor in US.. he says totally dynamic they use 3m chrome but it is hard to stretch and wrap...u say same thing..but he is offering oracale chrome.. he says it is the best chrome in the market now...should i buy from him or now? i don know..i was thinking to buy from 3m cz they r more trustful.but that guy he might say the truth or he might just advertise to sell me the product..im in malaysia now so i cant just check t n im ordering it online..is like buying the black box...so wht u guys will say? should i buy from US or 3M?? moreover he says all cars i UAE Dubai wrapped in oracal chrome..he says its thin and easy to aply comparing to chrome vinyl..

CL Graphics

you guys kill me. whether they have chrome wrap vinyl or not is irrelevant. This is just some random kid wanting to have his buddy wrap his car for him. He is not a sign shop and apparently knows nothing about chrome vinyl. If your gonna piss and moan about ebay cutters and customers doing their own chit why are you telling this guy were to find vinyl suppliers. He already said the professionals that actually do this type of work are to expensive. Whether he is in the us or not the professionals he doesnt want to pay for quality work are sign shop owners just like you and me. Anyway sorry for the rant. This site cracks me up.

intense_design

So I woke up this morning.. and i'm like holy crap.. I think I know how they did this... I will try to find the website and post it on here.. hubby showed me this a year ago.. never dawned on me until now! I'll see if the website is still up.. if not i'll explain how they did it.

Farhat

So I woke up this morning.. and i'm like holy crap.. I think I know how they did this... I will try to find the website and post it on here.. hubby showed me this a year ago.. never dawned on me until now! I'll see if the website is still up.. if not i'll explain how they did it.

u mean who did Totaly dynamic? or that guys on video?
hey there are so many products in the market and which one i should take..this is the problem.. is there anyone who wrapped with chrome and with long durability.
the oracal chrome offers 10 years durability

MachServTech

u mean to get the any vinyl and then wrap the car and paint it to chrome? too much work.. next week ill get the samples of chrome oracal.. then ill post it here how is it

I dont think it comes in reflective chrome....anyways; Farhat please re-read the descriptions on that site......nobody is painting anything......its just another kind of vinyl.

Status
Not open for further replies.