• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Where is my text cursor in 7.6?

salemsigneric

Recently installed Flexi 7.6 and I have no blinking cursor in the workspace for entering text. Is there an option to turn it on? HELP?!

imaSIGNr

click on the "T" in the left hand column. If that is not there....go to top , click arrange, click toolbars and check what you want showing.......All this info is in your HELP section.

salemsigneric

Not A Toolbar.

I am not talking about a toolbar. I am talking about a VISIBLE cursor when text is being entered on a page. (Not unlike a word processor.) Right now this cursor is invisible.

thewood

You have to select the Text tool and click on the workspace before a cursor will appear. Have you done that yet?

imaSIGNr

Right, if you click on the work space you should get your "I" beam. ( If you have done all the aforementioned )

Bradster941

when you click in the work space, then type a few letters, do they show?

Thinking maybe you have your foreground color set to the canvas color...

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
What is your document size? What is your font size set at in design central?
Sounds like you have a large work area with very small text and you just can't see it.

Bradster941

When you click the text icon, are you getting a cross hair with a capital A in the lower right corner before you click on the work space?

If so, Mike Paul is probably right on the money.

salemsigneric

Negative on the solution

It does not matter what my text size is, I still don't see a blinking bar. I see an "I" beam to choose where to begin, and when I click, I can type text, but no blinking bar. When I go to edit text, I click between characters, with an invisible cursor. Everything works as it should except that there is no edit cursor. ITS REALLY ANNOYING.

myronb

Do you have all the updates? Mine did this some time ago -- I just got used to it -- but it doesn't anymore. Check out amiable's website & download the most current update.

Myron