• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Where is the "divide" function in corel x3?

javila

In illustrator you have "divide" under path finder. Bascically ou grab eighty million objects that overlap, hit divide, and they will all cut each other so them you have like 20 million objects with non overlapping.

I can't for the life of me find this in corel.

javila

Combine makes them into one single object, that would be the same as compound in Illy.

Trim is...the same as trim in illy as well.

edit: picture for reference: up top is four objects. Select all > Divide gives you all the objects underneath. (I "exploded" them so you can see all the objects)

Attachments

• divide.jpg
    divide.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 57

weaselboogie

Trim funtion on that.... Select what you dont want trimmed and then click the trim button. You will then trim away from what you don't want remaining.

javila

Trim isn't what I need. I want all the objects to cut each other, and leave the rest of the objects.

Trim takes five objects and leaves you five objects. Divide will take five objects and leave you with 9 if you have four overlaps.

This is what trim does for me in corel. (and illustrator)

Attachments

• trim.gif
    trim.gif
    7.9 KB · Views: 82

javila

Flexi can do this as well, it's called seperate overlap, but I want to know if it can be done in corel. I'm giving corel a shot.

OneUpTenn

Sorry I thought you were needing to get something done right away and I thought maybe Flexi could help you in this situation. Good Luck to you. I dont know in Corel.

Goatboy

I believe intersect is what your after. Where ever you have overlaps intersect will create a shape of the overlap.

weaselboogie

I don't think that there is a single one click button to do this.

You could do interest, then that will leave the 'intersected' section. Then, trim that intersected section from each of the original pieces.