• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Where to buy Illustrator?

signswi

Technically, I could purchase it as an educator, since I am homeschooling
my daughter. Be that as it may, I will not be buying it as things are a little
tight and I can't really come up with the $300 at this time.

While on the subject of upgrades. Is there really such an animal? I have
purchased upgrades of several applications that where in fact full versions.
The last was CorelX3. I purchased the upgrade version at $160 while the
full version was maybe $500. It turns out the only difference was the name.
I have installed it on new computers that never had Corel installed.
So, Whatsupwiththat?

The difference is the license. When you buy software you're buying the legal right to use it for specific purposes, the physical discs and such are meaningless. It's all the license. Violating the license in any way is the same thing as just stealing the software outright in the eyes of the law--it's intellectual property theft.

smullen

Same boat here... I have an old version thats just CS, no CS1, 3, 5 etc...

According to Adobe CS2, is the oldest version you can use to upgrde to 5....

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
CraigsList has some "incredible" deals on Adobe software.

Buyer beware. I would look into any adobe software purchase with scrutiny. Adobe allows up to 2 installs with the same program. If the previous user does not deactivate one of those 2 you could be limited to 1 install. Or what if they never deactivated either computer? Then you have sw that cannot be installed even with a valid s/n

I wonder if there is a way to confirm if a s/n is legit before purchasing?

smullen

Buyer beware. I would look into any adobe software purchase with scrutiny. Adobe allows up to 2 installs with the same program. If the previous user does not deactivate one of those 2 you could be limited to 1 install. Or what if they never deactivated either computer? Then you have sw that cannot be installed even with a valid s/n

I wonder if there is a way to confirm if a s/n is legit before purchasing?

I was just going to ask about the same thing... I just looked and I found cs5 for 150 bucks, but I'm leary about this and the legality...

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
I was just going to ask about the same thing... I just looked and I found cs5 for 150 bucks, but I'm leary about this and the legality...

The only thing that could approach this price would be maybe an upgrade to one of the programs but never for the whole suite

Too good to be true

knucklehead

I posted this same question a while back. How can they sell the maximum suite thing whatever they call it, on CL for $200.00? I know there's bootlegged copies, and such, but there are real computer stores advertising the same thing. I got a buddy of mine to go by one in ATL that I'd seen on CL, and he said it was a real retail computer shop. And every city on CL just about has local shops advertising the same thing, and price.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Here is an example of a site that sells them super cheap.... #2.3 does not sound so good

2. Basic Conditions of Purchasing at EuroSoftware online store

2.1. You are informed that the software is in languages noted on the site or by the Support representative;

2.2. You will thoroughly follow the downloading and installation instructions on your account;

2.3. You cannot register the software with the manufacturer. All updates are available for all the products;

2.4. You do not receive printed license documentation;

2.5. You do not receive a copy of the software on a disk.

omgsideburns

sounds like copies to me..

I know that the academic price for CS5 Design Standard is 299 and CS5 Design Premium is around 450. This is from any reputable software retailer (I like NewEgg.com).. That's a more than reasonable and great if there is a way for you to be eligible for purchase at those prices. Even the regular price isn't bad considering most of us use it daily as a core part of our business.

royster13

My computer software costs have been about .8% of my revenue over the last 9 years.....I used to think software was expensive, however, once I looked at the big picture it was a lot easier to take....

GoodPeopleFlags

I didn't want to buy the software for work. I don't own the shop I work at. I just wanted it for home for my personal use. That's alot of money for a program to play around with. When I first posted this thread, I wasn't a student and wasn't planning on being one. Well, I'm starting back to college in a couple of weeks to finish my graphic design degree. Yea! Then I remembered this thread about the academic software. I went to Adobe's website and purchased Illy CS5 for $199. Yea Yea! I'm also going to need Dreamweaver so I'll be getting that soon for $149. So, it all worked out for me, nice and legally!
:thankyou: