• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Where to find these plaques...? Oak?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ahh, yes, 7th grade woodshop. Our woodshop teacher taught us a lot and he seemed very knowledgeable. In fact, he made really nice name plaques for each and every teacher. They were rather large, but then we found out why. I remember some kids running in the shower in gym class and the gym teacher, dick gernert an ex pro-baseball player hit a homerun on each of their a$$es and with in minute or two, you could see his name across their butts..... in reverse.All the teachers had them.... and used them. Can't do that sh!t anymore.

gnubler

All I saw there was "running in shower...d!ck...butts" WTH?

My first grade teacher had a paddle with her name engraved on it that was always propped on the chalkboard. I don't recall any kids ever being spanked, maybe it was for the teachers.

Johnny Best

All I saw there was "running in shower...d!ck...butts" WTH?

My first grade teacher had a paddle with her name engraved on it that was always propped on the chalkboard. I don't recall any kids ever being spanked, maybe it was for the teachers.
Or for her husband.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Yes Matty, we have a woods class at the high school. I have several end tables, cutting boards and random wood things laying around from my boys to prove it LOL

I got my BF's retired brother to do it. He has a shop set up in his basement and it will only take him a few minutes.

gnubler

One of the woodworkers I watch on Youtube did a whole video begging DIY'ers to stop making cutting boards. Market saturation. I feel bad when I see these $200 boards at the farmers markets...not economically viable.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Those cutting boards........ you hafta be careful what kinda wood you make them out of. Certain woods contain tannins not so good for human consumption and when you're cutting on those things, how many little pieces to you think goes into every bite ??

gnubler

Gino during the pandemic, just to be on the safe side.

social-distancing-1584135209.jpg

Stacey K

I like making signs
Ugh cutting boards...we had at least 5 of them from school - one + from each kid. They put a bunch of pieces together, glue them and cut them (or whatever). Half of them fell apart, the other have little slivers of wood coming off like Gino said. A couple held up well. I avoid wood cutting boards. Mostly use plastic...is that any better? Probably not LOL

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Personally, I don't really cook, but my wife has been for like 60 some years. She's always used a wooden board. We have 3 at the moment. She uses a main board for almost everything and has another for cutting I think certain meats, so she can clean it real good. The third one is one I made about 30 years ago and has seen better days, but we might get it out, if a lotta cutting is being done. As for plastic, I'd rather have wood fiber going in me, than plastic stuff.