• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

where to get ioline teflon strips / west coast?

I need to grab a new roll of the teflon strip for my Ioline is1100 plotter and keep running into issues.I used to deal with Laser Images in Detroit who was an ioline dealer. I have ordered from a place called Advantage in the past with no problems but my recent order is going on 2 monthes with nothing but excuses. They tell me it shipped but refuse to give me a tracking number ....

Does anyone have a good source for these out West? Im in Las Vegas. Does Ioline have a rep in Nevada or any surrounding states? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Scott
www.fabulousgraphix.com

Vinylman

Fab.:
I have a Studio 8 Ioline plotter, and I just use the clear fiber packing tape that you would use for packaging.
I am not familiar with the "channel" under your knife, but if it is like mine, all you need to do is cut a piece of the packaging tape long enough to cover the width of your channel. Put one edge of it {usually the back edge} in the channel, then take a SHARP exacto, and trim the front edge so it drops into the channel. Take a normal squeege, and rub the tape into the channel and your good to go for another year or more.
if you are wearing out the cutter strips faster than that you are using way to much pressure.

regards, Bob C.

If you need a "specific" cutter strip, call Ioline in Washington state directly, and have them ship you new strips. I can tell you they are NOT cheap, that is why I went with the home made insert.

Telephone: 1.425.398.8282 Ioline® tech support

Dhamlett...you wouldnt happen to have a # for Ioline would ya?

Thanks for the help guys. I have only replaced this like 3 times in the past 6 years or so...seems this last one went quicker than normal though? maybe i need to start changing the blade more and not relying on pressure as much?

Im gonna try the packing tape and see if it will get me by for now...hopefully it works.

Ill try calling performance sign in the morning and see if they can get me one quick...

thanks again for the help