• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Where to sell a used printer

TeamOutlaw

I realize you have to be a Premium Subscriber to Signs101 to list in the member-to-member classifieds...but, anyone have any ideas where a good (free) place is to list? TIA.

digitsmith, craigslist, ebay, I have noticed though that printers go very fast on craigslist. One second they are on there and the next they are gone.

threeputt

My opinion is to seek a buyer using regional sources such as Craig's List. That's how we sold ours, six months ago. Typically a buyer for this type of thing isn't going to see it on Ebay and buy it from a far away place and have it shipped. They want to come to it's home, see it run, perform whatever tests, and drive away with it.

TeamOutlaw

I don't know why I didn't think of Craigslist! In my mind CL is usually people selling a set of pickup tires or looking for a female companion for the evening. :loveya:

But, I will put ads on CL in the 4 surrounding states and like you guys said...someone can drive here, see it in action, load it up & head home. No hassle with freight companies etc. Precisely why I didn't want to use ebay...reaches too far out. Thanks!!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So, where's South Denmark ?? I can't travel across the ocean with my trailer.......:rock-n-roll: It'll sink.

OADesign

No hassle with freight companies etc. Precisely why I didn't want to use ebay...reaches too far out.

I agree with the thoughts on CL. But don't sleep on using eBay. You can change your listing to "Local Pick Up Only". That way you get more reach/exposure. Then if the buyer is determined, they will make there way to you some how. I sold a old HP on eBay once. Out of state person bought it, then hired a local tech to come pick it up service it, pack and ship. Just a thought.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
Typically a buyer for this type of thing isn't going to see it on Ebay and buy it from a far away place and have it shipped.

I have bought 5 printers on ebay without "personally checking them out" and I've sold 3 on ebay.

all goes down to how much you like to gamble, I haven't lost yet.

you can get a quote to ship it without a crate for very reasonable price.

I just got a price to ship an HP 25500 latex 600 miles for $500...

I have a search set up on ebay to send me daily hits on certain printers that pop up, i'm sure i'm not the only one..........

phototec

So, where's South Denmark ?? I can't travel across the ocean with my trailer.......:rock-n-roll: It'll sink.

Ahh, com-on Gino, you're resourceful, you can put some pontoons on your trailer, you can do it..... go Gino Go...:Big Laugh

Just Me

[SUP]another thumbs up for Craigslist, put ad up one morning the next day it was gone! You can do a search for ALL OF craigslist and type in what you want and it will pull it up all over the US of that item.[/SUP]