• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Where's Gino & Johnny Best been??

Johnny Best

I wish I could get a good spanking. Just nothing to post about, busy.
Where's Gino? He is there somewhere with the white and red stripe shirt and the matching ski hat.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That's not a ski hat. That's my pole warmer. (rim shot) :covereyes:

Nothing really that interesting other than people talking about how to read books, what books to read and where to look for lousy looking signs.

Some people get the sh!t kicked out of them for posting sad news and have to sell off things, while others are posting all over the place about having things to sell with no consequences. I just don't understand the double standards in this place.

Also, I think the word "PROFESSIONAL" should be taken out of the name of this place. It's nothing more than a glorified hack shop.

:thankyou: for asking..................​

Johnny Best

Since it was moved to humor
oldfarts.jpg

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Your post insinuates humor was to follow.....but....

See, THIS is why there's nothing worth posting. Most people around here, have no sense of humor, let alone a knowledge of their trade. Just same ol..... same ol, posting about nothingness. No one knows what or how to do things, except a select few and the ones who are posting haven't a clue as to what they're saying.

I saw recently, someone posting about a logo they were developing.... and another one about designing signs. Both turned into a bullsh!t party, with people trying to show off what they know and think. Everyone thinks they can re-invent the wheel, but in actuality, they are just trying to find a new word to describe what's already BEEN done. Why don't ya try reading the dictionary, guys??

That humor was harmless and very funny darla...... and you know it. Just that a fellow Buffalonian has more talent has you p!ssed off, that's all. Go crawl back in your cave, cause I can say anything I want about you, cause I'm on your 'ignore' list..... according to you, unless that was another false statement.

TimToad

I can see why they aren't around much. This place is quickly becoming a mess.

Please define "mess".

All I'm seeing is the ownership and moderators taking a much needed stance on enforcing their guidelines and refusing to let the inmates run the asylum. By holding people's posting privileges in the balance if they post inflammatory, insulting, threatening, overtly condescending, off topic responses, the site obviously is making an effort to improve its PROFESSIONALISM and encourage mutual respect and collegiality among its members. The question is can the worst offenders improve THEIR professionalism?

If certain members myself included can't improve our impulse control and find more constructive ways to express ourselves, we'll be forced into silence or expulsion. The probationary period of some of us having our posts moderated before posting is a long time in coming.

Expecting a couple of the most active members to moderate their tone and limit their invective towards others seems like a reasonable demand from the management. Play along or find somewhere else to vent one's spleen.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Please define "mess".

All I'm seeing is the ownership and moderators taking a much needed stance on enforcing their guidelines and refusing to let the inmates run the asylum. By holding people's posting privileges in the balance if they post inflammatory, insulting, threatening, overtly condescending, off topic responses, the site obviously is making an effort to improve its PROFESSIONALISM and encourage mutual respect and collegiality among its members. The question is can the worst offenders improve THEIR professionalism?

If certain members myself included can't improve our impulse control and find more constructive ways to express ourselves, we'll be forced into silence or expulsion. The probationary period of some of us having our posts moderated before posting is a long time in coming.

Expecting a couple of the most active members to moderate their tone and limit their invective towards others seems like a reasonable demand from the management. Play along or find somewhere else to vent one's spleen.

You do realize, I haven't been posting in over a month and still the same dumb stupid arguments, slap in the faces and silly nonsense was/is still going on. In fact, YOU were even banned (verboten) for a short time. I have no need to listen to your high level of bullsh!t, so try to keep your dumb comments to yourself, unless you can moderate your tone a tad.

TimToad

You do realize, I haven't been posting in over a month and still the same dumb stupid arguments, slap in the faces and silly nonsense was/is still going on. In fact, YOU were even banned (verboten) for a short time. I have no need to listen to your high level of bullsh!t, so try to keep your dumb comments to yourself, unless you can moderate your tone a tad.

Leave the job of moderation of who says what to the moderators. I for one can't believe all this needs to be spelled out to an 80 year old man who appears completely tone deaf to the fact that the new guidelines were mostly put in place because of your inability to accept responsibility for policing your own posts. Your posts in this thread alone prove the points I and others have been making about you for years. It may be hard to accept, but maybe it might not be the rest of us, it could be you who doesn't fit in or doesn't have much of value to offer if the only way you can offer anything is through derision, insults and put downs.

I haven't mentioned you or anyone else personally in over a month and don't intend to beyond this statement. Not a single post of mine since the new rules were implemented has been removed. I'm monitoring everything to make sure we are ALL held to the same standard.

You don't like what I or anyone else posts? Then grow up, ignore it, don't respond to it, etc. You have no right to discourage me or anyone else from posting or falsely reporting anything someone else posts as something that runs counter to the new guidelines unless it does. You don't like this, take it up with management.

I visit the site nearly every day and haven't seen an argument or insulting comment in over a month that wasn't nipped in the bud almost immediately by a moderator. Coincidence that its the same amount of time you weren't posting? NOPE.

I wasn't "banned" for so much as a day. You think I don't pay attention?

Was I placed in a select group of members whose posts will be moderated for content before they are posted? YES and I agreed to it. I walk my talk and am happy to abide by the rules as stated by the management. Its a shame you can't seem to do the same.

Obviously, you don't like what you read from enough other members that perhaps this message board isn't a good use of your time. The upside of that is that there are no shortage of other groups you could offer all your expertise and pointed opinions to.