• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Which Graphtec to buy?

amy s.

Does anybody cut sandblast mask for using on sign foam? Have any suggestions for which model works well for this purpose? I'm interested in Graphtec, 24". :thankyou:

DTFuqua

I have the Graphtec CE5000-60 (the 24" one) and love it. I cut very fine detail in hartco 425 sand mask which is pretty thick and rubbery. For the thicker material, you'll need the red top blade holder with the 60 degree blade.

amy s.

I have the Graphtec CE5000-60 (the 24" one) and love it. I cut very fine detail in hartco 425 sand mask which is pretty thick and rubbery. For the thicker material, you'll need the red top blade holder with the 60 degree blade.
I've heard you can't cut anything over 10ml with the ce5000-60 or its hard on the motor. Do you find that to be so? I don't know and haven't been able to find what 10 ml mask is, I use Hartco and Avery but find no indication of the ml thickness on the box. I guess you slow the speed down??

CS-SignSupply

I would highly recommend the FC series due to the added pinch roller, added force and tangential mode.

Let me know if I can help.

jiarby

Search for Jillbeans's thread about this... maybe 2 months ago this topic was flogged pretty good/

cgsigns_jamie

Just cut some sandblast resist for the first time on my FC 8000 last week. I used the 60º blade and tangential emulation. It cut 1" tall Helvetica Bold text beautifully, all the corners were square. The last plotter we had that cut sandblast resist that good was our Gerber IVB.

I'd highly recommend the FC-8000!!