• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Which Line Do I Follow? Police Car Graphics

TheSnowman

I usually go with the "longest line on the vehicle" theory, but it seems that the top line isn't consistent, and neither is the bottom. Is this just an eyeball job? The design here kind of follows the bottom of the car.

Image 2014-06-18 at 9.41.21 AM.jpg

JBusch260

I would stick with the bottom. If the bottom of the doors are a straight line, go with that also. May have to counter measure depending on the contour of the vehicle though. Best of luck.

TheSnowman

Got the drivers side done. Looks like the best "line" was the black and white part on the doors at the bottom, so I went with that line. The contour of the door was a little more than I'd like, but I think it worked out. I think it'd have looked mega off if I'd have gone with the other one.

rjssigns

On many late model vehicles I take my time and make one side visually correct. If it looks good it is good.

Then I take out the tape and measure the visually correct install for successive sides/vehicles.

With so many cars devoid of any straight lines it's what works best for me. Clients are always happy.

On many late model vehicles I take my time and make one side visually correct. If it looks good it is good.

Then I take out the tape and measure the visually correct install for successive sides/vehicles.

With so many cars devoid of any straight lines it's what works best for me. Clients are always happy.

That's how I roll as well.

Speedsterbeast

I heard Justin Pate, the wrap guru, once say that the bottom line of the door never lies. I'm not agreeing necessarily, but so far it's worked 100% of the time for my experiences

I heard Justin Pate, the wrap guru, once say that the bottom line of the door never lies. I'm not agreeing necessarily, but so far it's worked 100% of the time for my experiences

This is true. But we recently put police graphics on a new Ford Explorer with body lines similar to that in the posted picture. I ran the graphics parallel to the body contour rather than the bottom of the doors and it looks much better that way.