• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Which Machine to Buy

CanuckSigns

if you are looking at printing 5000 decals a day at 2" round, that's only about 45 feet of vinyl, a roll cutter can through cut those no problem all day long.

We also have a summa F1612 and it's great for most things, however through cutting decals is still hit or miss, we find the decals don't fall out like they show on their videos, they are still attached to the sheet slightly and require a light touch to pop them out, also as Pat mentioned picking up 5000 decals from the catch basket and sorting them is almost as time consuming as cutting them by hand in the first place.

Have you considered outsourcing for a while before you invest at least $40,000 on a printer, laminator and plotter.

Indecisive

if you are looking at printing 5000 decals a day at 2" round, that's only about 45 feet of vinyl, a roll cutter can through cut those no problem all day long.

We also have a summa F1612 and it's great for most things, however through cutting decals is still hit or miss, we find the decals don't fall out like they show on their videos, they are still attached to the sheet slightly and require a light touch to pop them out, also as Pat mentioned picking up 5000 decals from the catch basket and sorting them is almost as time consuming as cutting them by hand in the first place.

Have you considered outsourcing for a while before you invest at least $40,000 on a printer, laminator and plotter.
We have been outsourcing for several years now but would like to expand. It’s going good but I could do so much more with my own equipment.

Indecisive

I’m leaning towards the Epson S40600 or S60600 along with the Summa OPOS-CAM S2 TC160 Vinyl Cutter. I went to see a S40600 demo a couple days ago. Any recommendations on a laminator? The GFP 563TH-3 63 inch looks like a good machine, but shouldn’t I get a laminator that is also 64 inches so it’s the same as the printer and cutter?

rjssigns

I’m leaning towards the Epson S40600 or S60600 along with the Summa OPOS-CAM S2 TC160 Vinyl Cutter. I went to see a S40600 demo a couple days ago. Any recommendations on a laminator? The GFP 563TH-3 63 inch looks like a good machine, but shouldn’t I get a laminator that is also 64 inches so it’s the same as the printer and cutter?
Widest readily available material you can get is 60", you'll be fine. I've had my 65" laminator for over a decade and it's never run anything wider than 54" material.