• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Which perforated vinyl do "you use" with Hp latex machines and why?

bikecomedy

Need to order some perforated vinyl today and wondering which one you would recommend for use with an HP26500 and why? The HP tool lists only two approved ones and if I know the members here well, you have been testing. Your thoughts?

danno

We currently use 3M IJ8171. We have used Clear Focus also. Clear Focus needs to specified for latex. The 3M IJ8171 is easier for us to get and we can use it in our solvent machines also. We have used others, but have experienced "technical difficulty". Anything from ink not sticking to melting going through the machine.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Solvex is JAM city... i've tried everything to run that stuff and it flat out doesn't work in the 25, in the 26 it works fine.

BigFish has a very popular product that I haven had a chance to try yet and according to a few other boards works great, and we have had good success with N.Glantz BePerf Product.

Need to order some perforated vinyl today and wondering which one you would recommend for use with an HP26500 and why? The HP tool lists only two approved ones and if I know the members here well, you have been testing. Your thoughts?
Make sure that the perf is a paper-backed product. Cellulose backed media tends to react poorly to the heat that the Latex machine puts off.

Sign Eagle

Solvex is JAM city... i've tried everything to run that stuff and it flat out doesn't work in the 25, in the 26 it works fine.

BigFish has a very popular product that I haven had a chance to try yet and according to a few other boards works great, and we have had good success with N.Glantz BePerf Product.
We run Solvex in our 25 without any problem. We can't get Ultraflex Jetflex thur the HP and just run our banners thru our Falcon and a ton of adhesive back calendared and wall material thru the HP.

bikecomedy

Thanks Sign Eagle, 2CTmedia et al,

Wondering what temperatures and humidity are in your printing environments? Two completely different results. Would you mind sharing? Or pm if not public?

Personal experience with high temperature stopped me from running banner material unless conditions are right. Would be nice to share if this is another area where maybe humidity or temperature affect the results using HP 25s or 26s.

Kind regards.

Christian @ 2CT Media

We are in Arizona and our average humidity is 12%

I've run it Dryer as low as 110 up to 131 and the cure as low as 185 up to 230. On the low temps the ink wont cure properly and on the high end it causes jams. We ran through 4 rolls of material trying to find a happy medium and it just wont work.

On the BePerf we run 120 Dryer and 205 Cure and its flawless, no jams or drying issues.

dale911

President
I've used it

For future needs, feel free to try out our Perforated Window vinyl. We would be happy to send free printable samples to you for testing. We guarantee your satisfaction.

http://www.display-wholesale.com/servlet/the-139/perforated-window-adhesive,-window/Detail

Warm regards,
Signworld Team
I have used this perf in the past and currently have some I'm still using. Once I found the right profile, it prints great and applies easily. Couldn't beat the price. Highly recommended. I use it in my L25500. If you need the profile info, let me know.

ProColorGraphics

I have had good luck with my Solvex and Ultraflex on my old L25 and my new L260. The only thing I have to remember on some medias is to leave a big enough leader hanging out the front. If I try to save media, it would curl up and cause a jam. Otherwise it works great.