• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

which printer is better, mimaki,mutoh,roland?

parrott

Epson GS600.

Just put on in my shop. I looked at the Roland. Not for me. I have a Mimaki JV3-160SP (which we are going to sell). The Mimaki was good.

We turned the Epson on, plugged it in, loaded the machine and printed. Colors were absolutly AMAZING! Running Onyx RIP btw.

This is true. Our shop has always taken pride in color management and now that we are running the Epson, we have saved so much time and money. Great machine!

we looked at the new hp, the roland vs/rs series and the mimaki and ended up getting a roland vp540i. quality was very good, the cost was good(price for purchase/lease + running cost) and its a trusted and reliable machine. also as people have said above, make sure your service/tech is good. oh, and you get a 2 year parts/service on the one we bought too.....not to bad!

Vital Designs

Vital Designs
I have had the fortune/misfortune to own all three makes.

Mimaki ..great printer, great service - no complaints

Roland ..great printer, dealer service sucks, roland service great, good printer (a little pricy)

Mutoh .. pos printer (never got it to work correctly). No dealer support. Escalated to headquarters in Arizona and they dismissed me. To this day $20k in printer and media it is a boat anchor sitting in the corner of the shop reminding me to never buy another Mutoh product again. I fought the issue for over a year and finally gave up trying to get it to work. I know others have had good luck with Mutoh products but lookout if you have a problem.

hello,

I'm about to buy a printer, but i haven't decided which one yet.
i'm not certain which one is better, and i would like to hear from your experience.
if you can give me any recommendation i'll be grateful.

i need to choose between 3 printers:

1. mimaki cjv30 -160
2. roland RS-640
3. mutoh 1614

thank you very much!!
aviad.
i would say go with the mimaki cjv30-160 because its a simple to use verry efficient eco solvent printer i have one thats why iam saying, it also is a very heavy duty machine it will last i mean that model is at least 8 years old but mine still looks and runs like new . but at the end you need to see what is gonna fit your work demand but thats my lil 2 cents.. issac

artbot

even though i've had a roland and mimaki. i've seen the HP latex machine. as ugly as it is, ...it is a far better engineered printer/ink combination. if you don't look at the HP, you didn't actually research your options.

iegrafixs

Latex HP L25500. We've had it for about 7 months now and so far it has performed great. We can laminate as soon as it finishes printing. You don't need ventilation. The print quality is great. Before the HP we had a mimaki jv3 & a mutoh 1204.

artbot

@iegrafxs

...i've noticed a certain lack of "help my L25500" is clogged/banding etc. do the heads have that nozzle out compensation? also, what's the price on a head and i've heard it's a
"plug in" head and easily callibrated.

bbeens

As I had to order one of those heads today, around $100 or so. They are plug in, easy to get in and out. Although you need to be careful, lost some air on my arm due to the curing heater. Painful printer at times.

Bryan