• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Which sign hangers work with this type of sign?

J

john1

Putting together a quote for a guy up the street who wants his current sign a tad larger and a phone number added to the current layout.

The bottom part would be where his phone number is going. I am using thick gauge aluminum for the whole sign and was thinking S hooks would work but am afraid the sign may fly off them in wind. I would guess a S hook at the bottom of the sign, then another set of them at the top of the bottom rider?

What is the best way to go about hanging the bottom half of the sign and is there any special chain you would use? I was just going to go to the local lowes or hom depot for these.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• hanging sign.jpg
    hanging sign.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 55
  • S_Hooks_4daaab4e9ba96.jpg
    S_Hooks_4daaab4e9ba96.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 49

Billct2

The best thing is to incorporate all the info into one panel.
Hanging panels like that can have issues and usually look like an afterthought.

Pat Whatley

Yeah, keep it all on one panel if possible. If not keep the bottom panel as close as possible to the top one. If you leave too much chain there it's going to flap all over the place.

CentralSigns

You can get a closed link. You might have seen them they have a screw that opens the link, hook it all together and close the link. Never have to worry ablout it falling off. Tighten with a crescent wrench and good for ever. PM me if you haven't seen one and I'll send you a picture of one. They come in all sizes

J

john1

Thanks guys, Yeah a closed link would work good. I totally forgot about those.

Thanks again!

Edna

A clevis with a threaded end works best. You can just unscrew the bolt insteed of messing with pliers.

Billct2

If you have to hang a panel we use sign hangers that bolt thru the sign and no more than one s hook. Any longer than that and we use a steel strap.