• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Which way is up?

phototec

"Now, that I know what to look for on the cabinet, it was upside down in the photo".

By that sticker in your last photo shows if the cabinet is flipped around and it will be at the top and backwards so I would guess like some of the others that the ballast is on the bottom or maybe on the side. When a ballast is at the top and you go to replace it... those things are heavy and a lot easier to just unbolt on the side or bottom so as not to slip and fall from the top and break the bulbs on the way down.

John, that is another good point. One thing I figured out for sure, we found the old pan face (wording upright), and because it's wider at top and bottom, I know the ballast goes at the top or the bottom. I will check for weep holes, bird poop, mold or mildew, weathering on the top or bottom.

The best part of this job for me is, I'm only supplying the NEW pan face, no install, so as long as I got the face wording upright, the cabinet can be rotated with the ballast either up or down, right?

What did James Brown use to say.... I Feel Good (na, na, na, na)!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbUwAnhANZU&feature=related

:goodpost: :cool1:

nodrenim

All the ideas listed are good, one other clue, the bottom will be the dirtiest inside , and in the face channel.

Craig Sjoquist

The ballast on top sometimes sides never bottom, lamps depends on size and how configured.

Look at mounting holes and wall those need to line up.

Look at removal of face most cases side removal some are top, depends on weight and ease of.