• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

white in black background

printimage

What would cause the whiting of a black background when printing a banner? I am using a vj 1204 printer.

Attachments

• print1.jpg
    print1.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 124
  • print2.jpg
    print2.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 115

ddarlak

Go Bills!
my guess is garbage banner material.

i used to swear by Ultraflex, now it is unusable to me.

ARLON 313 is my choice

MikePro

your grubby fingers loading the material has contaminated the surface. ink doesn't stick to oil/grease.

the speckles are most likely dirt/debris, that have fallen-off the material after printing, leaving the bare white spot in its place.

printimage

your grubby fingers loading the material has contaminated the surface. ink doesn't stick to oil/grease.

the speckles are most likely dirt/debris, that have fallen-off the material after printing, leaving the bare white spot in its place.

Oh but when i go to print i move the material forward so it is a fresh piece of material. Could it be the heater setting also?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It could be any number of things from bad media, to contamination to improper profiles. I would venture to say it's a combination and stopping any one of them, won't make the problem go away.

Bad/lousy media is the first place to start.

printimage

It could be any number of things from bad media, to contamination to improper profiles. I would venture to say it's a combination and stopping any one of them, won't make the problem go away.

Bad/lousy media is the first place to start.

Okay kool... cause i had print a black 2x5 banner and it print good with no white spots so wanted to know why it would do so. Will look to get another banner but the local person only had this 14 oz printable.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I would go with media on this one as well. Also, the spots where it is a lot lighter than it should be look like the media was buckling. Adjust your heat settings and load the media in a straight as possible to cut down on the buckling.

printimage

Thank, I will try you combination 30/30/30/100.

This mite be a easy question but how do you load material so the edge is straight? I have some stickers to contour and when i load the material in the plotter (vinyl express Q130) it read the marks good but when it cut it is 1/8 r so off where it should be. I think it is how the media is load in the printer. Any help? I am using flexi pro 8.1

devahoch

SIGN MAKING COMPANY
You must to set correct offset of cutter and take contour cut with 4 points marks. If it not solving, you need to calibrate printing size on Printer.

printimage

I can only get 54 inch material here so i have it set to max print area. Was looking to see how to set the offset on the plotter.

MikePro

Oh but when i go to print i move the material forward so it is a fresh piece of material. Could it be the heater setting also?

+1 potentially bad media. if it is really old, it would definitely be this.
buckling/tunneling of media during print will also cause variation of how the ink is laid-down.

jaylem

beautiful black

If you design in Flexi do so in RGB and the ripper will get the printer to print a deep and rich black

jaylem

beautiful black

If you design in Flexi do so in RGB and the ripper will get the printer to print a deep and rich black

printimage

+1 potentially bad media. if it is really old, it would definitely be this.
buckling/tunneling of media during print will also cause variation of how the ink is laid-down.

Hi i get it to print good.. it was the heater. I turn off the preheat and the platen and only had on the dryer at 35. I didn't print with white lines or spots . Thanks for all the comments.