• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help white on vinyl

Hi All, We have an EFI-16H printing on Vinyl for an awning. Need an opaque white for lrttering and the machine has 3 levels of qualitly (in other words speeds / # of passes of print head) that will sort of work.

The lesser of 3 "POP" is awesome for speed but not white enough. Next better "HIGH" is almost good enough and decent speed.... The "ULTRA" ode is awesome whiteness but super slow and cant bet done at a profit. and too slow for shop... Is there a way to trick the file to print withe as a background AND as a color to get a double hit at the "POP or High" mode to get more white at a better speed?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Print spot white and that's what you get. Just won't be able to have colour on top anymore.
I don't see how you could make it any faster. For good opaque you need a lot of ink which is slow.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, then you already answered your own question. If only one outta 3 works, that is the one you hafta use. No need to ask any further. You just need to quote it properly and it takes the time it takes.

If your dentist said...... I can fix your tooth, but the way it should be done costs $1,000, next way is $800, but hurts and not as good a job in the end or the last way for $600, but it won't last but a year or two and it hurts while we do it....... what are you gonna do ??

Yea i was afraid I knew the answer... was hoping that I could trick the machine to print the white the which the machine will put under a color as a foundation but then come back and print it again as if it were a color on top too... wishful thinking
Thanks for the feedback all

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Yea i was afraid I knew the answer... was hoping that I could trick the machine to print the white the which the machine will put under a color as a foundation but then come back and print it again as if it were a color on top too... wishful thinking
Thanks for the feedback all
I just hope you are printing spot white and not 2-layer by accident because that's half as slow as spot.