• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

White Specs in Cyan - Roland SP-300V

Sign Works

Anyone know what is causing these white specs in Cyan on my SP-300V? It appears to be happening in the black a bit too. Is the head going bad? again? Replaced it a few years back. Could this be caused by old dampers?
20191218_164608.jpg

Attachments

• 20191218_164811.jpg
    20191218_164811.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 123

Joe House

Sign Equipment Technician
The way those lines look uneven, I might suspect the media. Have you tried this print on another media? Try a quality media like a cast 3m or Avery product (or both). If we can rule out the media, then I would say to print some solid blocks of each primary color - Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black to see how well the heads do while firing constantly each color. Then I would check the calibrations starting with the mechanical ones and then the electrical ones.
Then, to answer your questions, yes, the head could be going bad, and yes this could be caused by the dampers. But I would rule out the above items before we went to parts replacement. When was the last time you replaced the cap tops? I'd start there - they should be changed at least once a year, then look at replacing the dampers and then the printhead.

Good Luck

Andy D

It's 100% caused by too much ink, adjust your ink limits & possibly turn up your heat. Too much ink cause the ink to pool up around microscopic imperfections, it's also causing the blury line between the colors.

Last edited:

Sign Works

Your not gonna believe this one, think I've got it. Took a look at the dampers and noticed that the cyan damper was empty so I pulled the cyan ink cart out and guess what? Empty yet the printer and Versaworks showed the cart being over half full, threw in a new cart and she is back to printing the proper blue beautifully once again. Thank you for the replies.
20191218_191525.jpg