• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Who checks the classified advertising?

Who checks the classified advertising sections

• Total voters

Gene@mpls

I check only *very* sporadically and only if I am actively perusing an urge.
I would like to see them appear in the new posts search- when new of course. Thanks Gene

Craig Sjoquist

Treats all media the same, I bounce from one end to the other so checking every thing in between also,looks for ideas, opportunity, interest.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
They don't appear in the new posts search?

No, the classifieds are not treated as forum threads. It is a separate program published by a third party and is not a pert of our forum software. The same is true for our photo gallery and our reviews section.

Rodi

A long while back I was checking everyday, but then they changed and after a while, it seemed like not much on there. Sorry Fred, I even had a thread saying how much I disliked the new (not new now!) classified arrangement.

I buy lots of stuff from auctions, but it just has not worked for me here, I'm sad to say.

Gene@mpls

No, the classifieds are not treated as forum threads. It is a separate program published by a third party and is not a pert of our forum software. The same is true for our photo gallery and our reviews section.

The poll seems to be going about how I would have guessed. I am a lazy
member of the human race and would love if the classified could somehow
be included in the new posts search. It is hard to believe that this would
not make the classified section more valuable. Thanks for the consideration Fred- and the participation of all members. Gene

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The poll seems to be going about how I would have guessed. I am a lazy
member of the human race and would love if the classified could somehow
be included in the new posts search. It is hard to believe that this would
not make the classified section more valuable. Thanks for the consideration Fred- and the participation of all members. Gene

You do realize that the classifieds software has its own search feature? We used to have some forums setup for classified ads. Frankly, I got very tired of the classified ads constantly getting bumped and the home page looking more like Craig's List than a discussion forum for sign making.