• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Who makes the best UV LED printer for ada signs

Christian @ 2CT Media

Only "Legal" one is Direct Color Systems, but many people have success with Vanguard (Like Us) and Canon. You really have to see what your state laws allow for.

Robert Wilcox

Only "Legal" one is Direct Color Systems, but many people have success with Vanguard (Like Us) and Canon. You really have to see what your state laws allow for.
States allow and disallow certain processes of making ada signs? Any idea where I can find that info? I’m in New York (King Cuomo’s Kingdom)

MikePro

no, DCS just owns the patent for the use of a UV printer to build-up layers of ink to 3D print the Braille/Lettering...or at least the sale of a system that is designed for this purpose. If that's your direction, then I'm sure they're the ones to call in a pinch.

Otherwise RasterBraille options are available through Accent Sign Systems or Photopolymer options through NovaPhotopolymers, but to simply print them then just contact DCS.

Christian @ 2CT Media

States allow and disallow certain processes of making ada signs? Any idea where I can find that info? I’m in New York (King Cuomo’s Kingdom)
Yes, certain states have additional rules. You would have to find the rules for New York. For instance in California if you print signs and they inspect your shop. If it's not DCS, you will get fined and the signs will not pass.

Robert Wilcox

Yes, certain states have additional rules. You would have to find the rules for New York. For instance in California if you print signs and they inspect your shop. If it's not DCS, you will get fined and the signs will not pass.
Woah, didn’t know that. I’m sure NYS has the most rules out of any state. I was ready to purchase a DCS printer but then I googled reviews and they were not pleasant.

StratoJet

Merchant Member
Check State/County/City requirements or what’s laid out in your customers contract. Braille is what will need to be to code and CA is the strictest; we have multiple printers printing ADA/Braille in CA. Again, just check it out before you buy a printer for just that purpose.

bowtievega

Premium Subscriber
Curious on where that info is coming from? I realize we are talking about California here lol so anything is possible.