• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Who uses this?? LG Hausys Film

Rooster

Hmm, I've got mine set at 38 and 38 without any problems (3910).

They may have made changes to the product since I used it last (3810). At the time I was thinking it was the very thin backing paper that was causing it. For LG products I typically turn the pre-heater up much higher than the print platen.

I could sit and wait for the platen heater to turn on and could visibly see the deformation occur before my eyes. It seems as long as the vinyl is losing heat (shrinking) between the pre and post heaters it behaves fine. As soon as I tried to keep it consistent across the pre and platen heaters it was causing problems. I'll run 40/32/50 for the adhesive vinyl, for the bannux I had to shut off the platen heater completely to get it to sit down and behave itself.

Strangely enough I've never once had an issue with weeding the stuff.

Bly

We use mostly clear adhesive, so white.
Not sure how this would affect the cutability.
The grey is blockout adhesive.

Colin

Ya, and I recall reading other's comments about weeding problems with the gray back. *shrug*

Bly

Weird. Just a thought - maybe the blockout sells slower so is older than the clear, making it harder?
As I said we use a lot of the clear adhesive.
It cuts well and never buckles up on our XJ-740 no matter what heat we run it at.

Colin

What series was it?

What profile did you use?

What colours were assigned to vectors?

Gloss / Matte?

How old was it?

I have a hard time understanding how the blame is to lay with the vinyl and not something else, given that everyone else seems to be happy with the print quality.

timkaz227

My default was set to 40/40. I was having an issue w/ my vinyl developing a wave in it that would come and go throughout a print causing some uneven color. I changed mine to 38/38 and it went away. Amazing how 2 degrees can make a difference.

MontereySigns

LG Digital Media

Try using isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) to clean the graffitti off the graphic. It will not harm the laminate and takes off most paint and ink. If it's a persistent problem then switch to the anti-graffitti laminate that offers greater chemical resistance so you can use stronger solvent cleaners.

LG digital media is a fairly new brand on the market so you don't hear a lot of talk about it. Like every other brand it has economy, intermediate, and high performance grades. Generally it is lower cost and oftentimes higher quality at the same time. Ask you dealer to help guide your decision making. We are using the LS2710 because it's cheap ($109 for a 54" x 150' roll) and phthalate-free so better for environment/personal health.

Hope this helps you!

-Bud

thewvsignguy

I'm going to order some cast vinyl and lam this week. I have a fiberglass 88 starcraft open bow boat I'm going to wrap with the LG stuff. It's going to take a few weeks to strip off all the other vinyl stripes and come up with a design but I'll post a few pic's (if it's worthy) when I'm done.

Thanks for all the input guys.