• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Who uses this?? LG Hausys Film

thewvsignguy

Hey Guys (and Gals)! I'm looking at trying some LG Hausys digital print film and lam, I have done a search and it only turned up one result. One of our suppliers carries the Avery and LG films, they deliver for free 5 days a week. So I'm looking for any feedback and your thoughts on the LG stuff, we are printing with a Mutoh 1204. We have been using the Oracal film and lam but with that supplier we only get free delivery 2 days a week. :thankyou:

Colin

I am about 3/4 the way through my 54" roll of LG Hausey 3910 premium calendered (5 yr) gloss. While I am new to digital printing and don't have much to compare it to other than a few bits of other samples (which I haven't really analized either), it seems to print just fine, but I cannot get it to weed nicely. Even if I cut 2" x 3" ovals at various weights, it won't weed as it should; I have to poke the contours down while I weed.

It's not my knife or strip, as it's a brand new machine, and some Oracal I tried weeded perfectly.

I am at a point right now where I'm trying to decide whether to buy another roll of this or not.

As I have printed off the Roland spot colour palette on this material and made a swatch, and done numerous jobs with it, I feel that changing to a different brand now would force me to make a new swatch, and re-enter all of the colour codes on all of those vector contours for any repeat jobs!

Does anybody else feel commited to a particular brand for that reason?

Last edited:

cdiesel

We've never run LG vinyl, but used to use their banner a few years ago. Terrible streaking in the face of the stock at various points throughout the rolls. And we're not talking about an isolated incident, it was all over the place, across many rolls of various sizes.

We use 3M, Oracal & MacTAC (in no particular order) for printing. They each have their pluses.

Custom_Grafx

Hey Guys (and Gals)! I'm looking at trying some LG Hausys digital print film and lam, I have done a search and it only turned up one result. One of our suppliers carries the Avery and LG films, they deliver for free 5 days a week. So I'm looking for any feedback and your thoughts on the LG stuff, we are printing with a Mutoh 1204. We have been using the Oracal film and lam but with that supplier we only get free delivery 2 days a week. :thankyou:

I've never heard anything bad about the print quality but very bad things about the adhesive being too hard to work with. I'm sure they have different types available so just be careful and make sure u test before committing.

Colin yes I know that feeling and have had it. I will be switching to 3M soon as at the end of the day its only a couple of dollars per job, if that. It's just not worth the headache.

Monomeric... I don't care as much. There's a new supplier out here selling mono cheaper than toilet paper.

thewvsignguy

Colin: we to have a 3 month old Graphtec (SW Q54) and it does not cut the way I would like it to cut. We have tried different films and the result is the same, I does not cut the material completely apart although I can here it cutting the paper??? I have called tech support and they say everything is normal on the cutter??

Thanks for the feedback guys. I thought I read here on S101 the fellers will at some dollar amount offer free shipping? We use fellers for our ink needs and some other film needs but don't remember if they give us free shipping or not. I know it sound petty but I'm just trying to save a few dollars, but if it comes down to sacrifice quality with price then it a no-brainier.

cdiesel

I believe Fellers does free shipping at $100. If you ever needed something that was less than a hundred bucks, just order an extra roll of something. Any 54" digital media is gonna be shipped for free.

thewvsignguy

They have never offered the free shipping to us. We use our UPS shipper account so they just charge that, but now I know. I'll have to give em' call Monday and see just to make sure. Since allot of sign makers do not use the LG films it leads me to believe that it's not that good. We have used a roll of their banner material and it seems to print great! I guess their TV's are better then the digital print media!

Bly

We use a lot of LG polymeric and monomeric.
Never had an issue with it.
Prints well, cuts well and is priced right.

We use Roland Soljets, Bordeaux inks.

Sign Eagle

We have a Falcon II Outdoor, and printed a lot of LG banners, but started having problems with head strikes. If we kept the material unrolled a few feet so it wasn't pulling off the feed roll, usually didn't have the problem, but that required too much attention. We switch to Ultrafex and haven't had the problem. We have only printed one roll of LG cast material with the air release adhesive, seemed to work ok, but it was installed on the large flat sides of trash trucks. What we did find is the cast material really has a bad odor printing, don't know if was a reaction with the ink or the heat, but really foul smelling.

Colin

We have only printed one roll of LG cast material with the air release adhesive, seemed to work ok

Was that the new 3911?

What we did find is the cast material really has a bad odor printing, don't know if was a reaction with the ink or the heat, but really foul smelling.

The ink/vinyl combo odor with the LG 3910 calendered is actually very nice. Almost addictive.

Last edited:

cdiesel

I definitely would ask Fellers about the shipping. I believe you have to ask for free shipping--we asked a long time ago and now never get charged. We buy a lot of stuff from them though.

Sign Eagle

Ya, it was the 3810. I don't have a problem with any of the other material we use, but that's bad, One Shot smells great.

Custom_Grafx

So is 3M considered one of the better vinyls to go with?

Yes. At least with the people I work with. To some of them the brand seems to mean a lot. There's some peace of mind that comes with it I guess, and knowing what you're installing/dealing with. Installers get a bit cranky when you give them something they've never worked with before (if something screws up, it's one of the first things they'll blame... "what is this crap... hmmm").

radiohead223

careful with the LG product here in OZ... we had some bad shrinkage issues with it but that was in the north QLD sun. we still have some laying on our roof with some 3M IJ40 for a test. if we didn't have so much rain at the moment i would get up and have a look at how it's going.

but on some 2400x1200 full colour prints we had about 20mm of shrinkage in just over a year. prints were portrait standing vertical, double sided on white 2pak painted 3mm steel

MontereySigns

We've used lots of different brands of adhesive vinyl over the years including 3M, Avery, Oracal, and others. Recently we have turned to LG on advice from our supplier and have not turned back.

What we like about it is that everything they make has a high quality solvent-based adhesive, not cheap water-based you find on other brands. They have an inexpensive film called LS2710 that we pay $109 for a 54" x 150 roll. They also have a nice intermediate air egress product that we pay $179 for a 54" x 150' roll. Pricing is good, as you can see. We have no printing issues on our Roland XC-540.

You can find your local dealer at www.lghausys.com or it's available nationwide at www.nglantz.com.

The only application I wouldn't use it for is vehicle wraps (why take the chance?), other than that it's been great for everything else.