• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Who uses this?? LG Hausys Film

Colin

Monterey: Have you not experienced the terrible weeding with the LG as I have? (I've been using the 3910 5-7 yr premium cal). I am at a point of buying a new log, and really struggling with whether to buy another LG Hauseys.

I'm tempted to stay with it, because I've already made a Roland Color Palette swatch, and done numerous jobs with it. If I switch to another brand, I'll not only have to print-off and make a new swatch, but also change all of the color coding in all of the vectors/logos/files which get ordered again!

radiohead223

we only really used the LG LD3910G with the LP3912G overlaminate. all print were degassed for minimum of 48hours from printing.

i think we did only used two or three rolls of this product so between 100 to 150m of printing before we changed back to 3M again.

the only other product to shrink that bad up here was the oracal 3164G but that took 2yrs for a 15 to 20mm

3M we have been lucky to get much more than 5 to 10mm shrinkage

we print with mimaki OEM inks which we do tend to find to be a little harsher than other eco inks at times

MontereySigns

Monterey: Have you not experienced the terrible weeding with the LG as I have? (I've been using the 3910 5-7 yr premium cal). I am at a point of buying a new log, and really struggling with whether to buy another LG Hauseys.

I'm tempted to stay with it, because I've already made a Roland Color Palette swatch, and done numerous jobs with it. If I switch to another brand, I'll not only have to print-off and make a new swatch, but also change all of the color coding in all of the vectors/logos/files which get ordered again!

I would work with whomever sold you the cutting equipment to calibrate the cutting pressure (force), your knife blade, your cutting strip, or the cutting speed to get the LG product to die cut like it does for me. The product is dense (which helps give it good performance in the field) so it could be a different settings than you are used to.

LD3910 is a good polymeric calendared product. I'd stay with it. The LP3912 laminate is matched in perfomance and you can't beat the price. Together, these are a very nice 5 year solution when you want the confidence your customer will never call you to report a failure on your sign. Plus, the matte finish on the laminate is super nice!

-Bud

radiohead223

this is the sample we put on our roof top here about 13months ago. not much in the way of shrinkage but you can see the difference between the LG abd 3M for going brown.

also our summer as been rather mild this year with all the rain and cloud cover we have had. this also made it through a CAT5 cyclone

Attachments

• vinyl sample.jpg
    vinyl sample.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 84

MontereySigns

also our summer as been rather mild this year with all the rain and cloud cover we have had. this also made it through a CAT5 cyclone[/QUOTE]

At least you don't have Charlie Sheen.....

Colin

Thanks for that image RadioHead. Do you suspect that one would have the same results with the Roland EcoSol Max inks? (it's what I use).

Colin

I would work with whomever sold you the cutting equipment to calibrate the cutting pressure (force), your knife blade, your cutting strip, or the cutting speed to get the LG product to die cut like it does for me. The product is dense (which helps give it good performance in the field) so it could be a different settings than you are used to.

Thanks Bud. My machine is brand new, and I've tried all kinds of weight settings from too light to too heavy and everything in between, and it just won't weed properly. I've tried a sample of other brands and they weed like magic - I can just yank the whole sheet off and the decals stay down.

Hmmm....

radiohead223

well just from around my area here i find that the roland eco inks don't seem to lend themself to as much shrinkage or blackening of the overlaminate.

but the down side is that yellow and light colours fade in a year hence why we stick with heavier, or more solvent inks of the mimaki OEM's

Rooster

The LG products I have used have been very susceptible to heat deformation in the printer. Their 3810, 3910, 383 and even their bannux materials seem to be very finicky as to how the heaters are required to be set-up on the printer.

You can dial out the deformation for the most part. Just be careful as I've seen multiple instances where I've tried to use settings for other vinyls as a starting point for calibration and the LG product has deformed enough to contact the print head.

The 3810 is my least favorite vinyl. Any time I have a die cut decal with bleed, the areas with bleed will curl up within a short amount of time.

Colin

The LG products I have used have been very susceptible to heat deformation in the printer. Their 3810, 3910, 383 and even their bannux materials seem to be very finicky as to how the heaters are required to be set-up on the printer.

Hmm, I've got mine set at 38 and 38 without any problems (3910).

Colin

Hey, while we're on this.......I just had a customer call me saying that some election signs (made with a flat-bed printer no doubt) got spray-bombed (just the person's face part) and was inquiring about just getting that portion printed and sticking it on top. I suggested that we include a laminate on the print in case it gets hit again.

So can the LG 3912 gloss lam be cleaned if spray-bombed again, or will we require an anti-graffiti lam?

timkaz227

Lg 3910m

I've just started using the LG 3910 Matte after finishing a roll of the 3810M. No complaints so far and much prefer it to the 3810 i was using. The 3910 has much less curl than the 3810. I'm using the LP3912G laminate w/ it.

radiohead223

how do you mean by spray bombed..... do you mean someone using an enamel can to graffiti over the laminated print?

if so i think it should clean off ok. i seem to remember finding one of the 2400x1200 prints with some graffiti over it near a bus stop at one stage. but i think it was a nikko which cleaned off very easy.

overall it seems to be the same as any other vinyl brand just with a cheap feel

Colin

- The existing signs which have been spray-bombed, are coro signs from a flat-bed printer, and not laminated.

- Only the person's photo image (15% of the sign) was sprayed.

- They are asking me to provide them just that portion as a new print (it's a circle).

- I suggested that if they do place new prints on top, that we should include a laminate in case it gets hit again.

- So I am wondering if the LG 3912 gloss lam that I have in stock will be "cleanable" should the sign get hit again, or if I must use a graffiti-proof lam.

I suppose it depends on what kind of spray-bomb the vandals use, but basically, can a person scrub the 3912 with solvents and a rag without turning it all milky?

radiohead223

should be fine for that as it seems pretty good. even the bit that i have laying flat on the roof here cleaned off well enough yesterday. but as with anything just do a test with a small bit of it first

Colin

Ya, I just did a few minutes ago. Regular paint thinner didn't affect it at all, but laquer thinner dulled it big time.

Pat Whatley

They have never offered the free shipping to us. We use our UPS shipper account so they just charge that, but now I know. I'll have to give em' call Monday and see just to make sure. Since allot of sign makers do not use the LG films it leads me to believe that it's not that good. We have used a roll of their banner material and it seems to print great! I guess their TV's are better then the digital print media!

Don't blame lack of use on the film entirely. There's only so much shelf space in supplier warehouses and that's all most people are ever exposed to. The major suppliers all carry the same four brands so that's all you ever hear about.

I personally LOVED using LG film when we could get it locally. Cutting took a little jiggling to get the plotter weight and blade depth set correctly but once it was dialed in it would cut like any other film (unlike Oracal. Oracal is a German word meaning "piss off zee crazy Americans")

Bly

It cuts fine for me, even laminated.
Just adjust the speed/force/depth and cut away.