• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Who went to SGIA, what did you buy?

supersignmart

I've been to several SGIA shows, just never one at Orlando FL. This was by far the biggest one I've ever attended, including the one following the skipped one in NOLA because of hurricane Katrina.
Just wondering how many people bought equipment. It really appeared that many people were there to buy. I bought a Zund cutter, that I am very excited about getting. I looked at several cutters including the Multicam and the Summa and the Kongsberg. I got the best price on what I think is the best cutter.

Typestries

cancelled my plan to go at last minute since I was there 2 days before with fam and didnt feel like going back. Wound up getting another agfa jeti flatbed, an awesome neolt cutter, and a 10' latex a welder and another laminator. Where its all going to go I have no idea but much needed pieces nonetheless. Good luck with your zund, I cant imagine flatbed printing without automated cutting. Major game changer for your shop!

supersignmart

what latex?

cancelled my plan to go at last minute since I was there 2 days before with fam and didnt feel like going back. Wound up getting another agfa jeti flatbed, an awesome neolt cutter, and a 10' latex a welder and another laminator. Where its all going to go I have no idea but much needed pieces nonetheless. Good luck with your zund, I cant imagine flatbed printing without automated cutting. Major game changer for your shop!

What latex did you buy? The LX850 or the new 3000?
I have the LX850 and looked at the new 3000. Its a very nice
machine with much needed improvements over the LX850, but
I don't see how they justify the price being over twice what I paid
for my LX850. Sure it prints a little faster but really!!

Matan 8 Q 5 meter hybrid... w/ white, inline x/y cutters and auto board feeder. Stellar quality at 3800 s/f/h.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 65

Mike_Koval

it was a great show...busy, busy and best of all ready buyers!

Did anyone try the little donuts at the coffee stand in the back? Best donuts ever!

uvgerard

We have been to the last 12 shows and each keeps getting better. The SGIA does a good job promoting and most shows are packed with exhibitors.

In Print

Went to my first one last year and was quite disappointed. Based on that experience I only went for 1 day this year and I felt I was rushing. Could've used another full day. This show was light years better than last years.
I was there researching material and checking out a few cutters (replacing our Graphtec FC2250). Happy I did as one of the things I was looking for was speed and unless we jump to a Zund (I wish) it looks like I am not getting so much faster, Happy I saw that before I spent so much extra...
Also kept an eye out on new machines for future but in reality you can't really tell much until you are heavily looking into and unfortunately I just didn't have the time.

petepaz

i was there for all three days. it was a good show and since i am used to the NBM and USSC shows this was huge. you definitely need two days to experience everything. i was looking at cutters also not sure which we will go with yet but we are going to set up demos with colex and multicamm since both have local facilities near our shop. also went to a lot of the education zones got some good info.