• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

wholesale price for applying liquid laminate

Turnergraphics

Can anyone tell me what price I should quote for applying liquid laminate to a 4 x 8 sign? The liquid cost is about 20 cents per square foot. I want to give a good economical quote in order to secure the contract but I don't want to regret the quote if you know what I mean. Any suggestions?

Tuner

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If this is a repeat from your other post, almost identical, it's still $75.

Why is this wholesale ?? Is this for another sign shop and you don't know how to price to another shop ?? Odd question..............

Do it for cost/free if you don't know what your time is worth. .20 sqft with 10% markup (because you can't control coverage levels perfect). and $50 for time for each sign would be my guess. So about $56 a sign. How long does it take to dry if I have to leave it in the middle of the warehouse on some burros for another hour after. then I would say another $10-20 per sign added labor after.

So somewhere around$56-70 a sign.

Turnergraphics

Why is this wholesale ?? Is this for another sign shop and you don't know how to price to another shop ?? Odd question..............

I've been screenprinting for 20 years. We bought an FB500 a year ago and I'm running into new questions such as this pricing question.

Turnergraphics

Do it for cost/free if you don't know what your time is worth. .20 sqft with 10% markup (because you can't control coverage levels perfect). and $50 for time for each sign would be my guess. So about $56 a sign. How long does it take to dry if I have to leave it in the middle of the warehouse on some burros for another hour after. then I would say another $10-20 per sign added labor after.

So somewhere around$56-70 a sign.

makes sense. Thank you
Turner

ddarlak

Go Bills!
Can anyone tell me what price I should quote for applying liquid laminate to a 4 x 8 sign? The liquid cost is about 20 cents per square foot. I want to give a good economical quote in order to secure the contract but I don't want to regret the quote if you know what I mean. Any suggestions?

Tuner

I would suggest you quit the business....

With a job like this and such low cost of materials. It comes down to what your time is worth. yea it's easy and only takes 15 mins. to paint. But then I have to leave that area of my shop just for that. I can't do anything else while I'm painting these and then while they are drying. You could make a lot of smaller signs in that time.

100 12"x18" @ $2ea profit. Take you about two hours. $200 profit.
2 4x8' signs $50ea profit. Take you about two hours. $100 profit.

What is your time worth.

Gino

Premium Subscriber

I've been screenprinting for 20 years. We bought an FB500 a year ago and I'm running into new questions such as this pricing question.

Now, let me ask you again. Try to focus in on this, this time. I asked you why is this wholesale..... is it for another shop ?? You answer with you've been screen printing for 20 years and you got a new machine and want to know pricing. What does your answer have to do with my questions ??

I gave you a number.... $75 and wanted to know why you considered this wholesale, but you completely missed the boat. Wholesaling would most likely be in quantities and usually not a liquid laminate. That's why I asked you questions. Cripes, you're a 20 year veteran of screen printing, just flood a clearcoat on there, if need be. You don't know how to add these things together ??

Turnergraphics

With a job like this and such low cost of materials. It comes down to what your time is worth. yea it's easy and only takes 15 mins. to paint. But then I have to leave that area of my shop just for that. I can't do anything else while I'm painting these and then while they are drying. You could make a lot of smaller signs in that time.

100 12"x18" @ $2ea profit. Take you about two hours. $200 profit.
2 4x8' signs $50ea profit. Take you about two hours. $100 profit.

Good point.
Thank you.

turner