• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wholesale source for sandblasted wood signs?

player

But it's not the wholesalers job to redesign what's sent to him/her/them. They're doing work for other sign companies, not end users. The problem isn't the wholesaler, it's the sign shop that designed and sold the sign.

Blame game. It is the state of a failed industry. When the product sucks and everyone keeps on making it. Nobody cares if it is the designer or the wholesaler or the whoever, the end result is a product that sucks being sold.

attachment.php

Attachments

• FARM+SIGNS.png
    FARM+SIGNS.png
    127.5 KB · Views: 204
  • article_large.jpg
    article_large.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 98

neato

This argument isn't logical.

So do printers, embroiderers, screen printers, promotional product manufacturers etc. all have the responsibility to fix design flaws and make sure everything looks pretty to their eyes before production?

They're in the wholesale business. The sign shop ordering the products is to blame for bad design.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Garbage in...... garbage out.

Do you know how many perfectly ugly made signs ya see in a day ?? Quite a few. Regardless who makes, designs or fabricates them..... you can only do so much to prevent ugly. :design:

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Onions are the mosquito of the vegetable world.

But this proves my point...I hate onions. Other people love them and eat them raw. It doesn't mean either person is wrong and it doesn't mean they shouldn't be on a menu. If Player deems a sign "ugly", it's his prerogative not to print/manufacture it. But to throw down a blanket statement that implies a manufacturer that receives 'awful colors or art' shouldn't manufacture the product is like saying a restaurant is wrong for putting onions in their food of that you're wrong for liking onions (which you are, by the way).

:banghead:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Onions are the mosquito of the vegetable world.

But this proves my point...I hate onions. Other people love them and eat them raw. It doesn't mean either person is wrong and it doesn't mean they shouldn't be on a menu. If Player deems a sign "ugly", it's his prerogative not to print/manufacture it. But to throw down a blanket statement that implies a manufacturer that receives 'awful colors or art' shouldn't manufacture the product is like saying a restaurant is wrong for putting onions in their food of that you're wrong for liking onions (which you are, by the way).

:banghead:

Again, here is your problem. You are trying to make sense from something 'player' has said. Mistake #1

#2. Listening to anyone on this forum and making it gospel is very very wrong.

We all are who we are by all of our own decisions. Therefore, you can't blame anyone else, but one's own self. No one held a gun to your head to make you eat or not eat onions and no one is holding a gun to anyone for making perfectly made ugly signs. BUT it's done each and everyday. It's become a part of this industry, the same way signs used to last 25 years and today, ya barely get 7 years for simple signs. You say things enough times and eventually the masses will go along with it. Yep, that thar is ugly. But it was cheap, so that makes it Okay.

player

Thanks guys.

I think the older sign guys see the difference, whereas the newer entries see what the current market is and take it from there. When I started, even block letters took a degree of skill to produce.

Dennis Schaub

Yeah, we used to use them extensively where I used to work, but they don't do turnkey (painting, etc.). I'd like a turnkey source....should have mentioned that.

There's a place in Ohio that does it for $60/sf shipped (wood) and $62/sf shipped (HDU). Might give them a try.[/QUOT

What is the place in Ohio called? I am also looking for a source :)

Thank You