• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Why does coffee in cafes taste 100x better than at home?

OldPaint

all those bullcrap coffee makers are TO MAKE THAT COMPANY MONEY.
FRED is telling you what is takes to make a good pot of coffee. BUNN COFFEE MAKER
http://www.target.com/p/Bunn-10-cup...cency&lnk=Rec|pdp|ClickCP|item_page.adjacency
we are on our 3rd one of these. also when you get one, look up inside where the basket slide in and make sure the "SPRAYHEAD" is on tight. over the years thes will work loose, drop into the coffee grounds and you throw it in the trash. good thing is you can call BUNN, and they will send you 2 new ones FREE!!!!
if you like or want to try chckory...COMMUNITY NEW ORLEANS BLEND. love it.
for the best tasting coffee, "chuck wagon" style will do it the best. get a camp type coffee pot, put 4-5 scoops of coffee in it fill haflway with water. put on high heat, bring to a slow rolling boil for no more the 5 minutes. shut off heat, let sit for 5 minutes, take one cup of COLD WATER, AND SLOWLY POUR INTO CENTER OF THEPOT OF COFFEE. let sit another couple minute and then pour coffee like they used to make........and drink it black))))

gabagoo

I have a Keurig at home and I have ordered a ton of different K cups. There are some very good K cups out there. Jet Fuel is a great brand and pretty strong. The Sumatra is great too... I am pretty finicky with coffee and I am somewhat satisfied with the Keurig.

What I think those that drink regular coffee might be lacking is using real cream instead of milk...makes a big difference.

I have a bunn 2 pot coffee maker at work it used to make great coffee but i cant remember what brand of coffee packs we were using. the ones I have now I have to add 2 extra scoops of coffee to get it up to my standards.

For those Tim Horton fanatics...News is that McDonalds coffee is considered by many to be better.

CheapVehicleWrap

Attachments

• Bacon-Soda-by-Bacon-Freak.jpg
    Bacon-Soda-by-Bacon-Freak.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 70
  • Maple-Bacon-Coffee-morning-e1292563700754.jpg
    Maple-Bacon-Coffee-morning-e1292563700754.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 73

Bly

bottom line is there are 2 things that dramatically affect the flavor of coffee for those with coffee palettes. first the time from roast to grind. coffee is best if it is ground within 3 days of roasting. Second, after grinding, it must be used nearly immediately. The higher end cafes wil have beans that are fresher, and they are ground in the machine when they press the button to make the order. So basically, the fresher the bean, the better the coffee.

Freshly roasted beans, freshly ground in a good grinder.
Then use a reasonable espresso machine with an ounce of skill.

If you're used to stale supermarket coffee at home you will appreciate a great cup of fresh coffee served up by a pro.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
"Sigh"...I reluctantly gave up coffee two weeks ago for health reasons. I feel a gazillion times better already...but I dearly miss a rich, dark cup of coffee. The smell is so alluring...especially when my wife fires up the grinder.

I tried decaf once and nearly puked.

I don't miss the tired, worn out feeling by 10 a.m., and the constant need to be nursing a mug every five minutes...or the caffeine headaches.

BTW...for the uninitiated, it takes four full days to get past the withdrawl headaches, and another week or so to get beyond the occasional "splitter" that seems to sneak up out of nowhere. I used Excedrin (it has caffeine) in diminishing dosages to wean myself.

JB

Si Allen

Fred and Old Paint are correct! Bunn coffee makers are designed to produce the ideal pot of coffee! Like Old paint... we are on our 3rd one ( they last about 10 years.)
As far as coffee the best I ever have found is Cafe Naval from Mexico.

Yes they grow coffee in Mexico ... and they keep it all for themselves. I get strange looks when going through Customs and they ask why am I bringing back so much coffee? I tell them that I don't get to Mexico very often and that I am stocking up because I like that brand of coffee.