• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Why is my printer using both black cartridges when that is not the way it usually works

gabagoo

This printer is a JV150-130 and up until I noticed this always uses one cartridge at a time, when it is empty it moves to the secondary cartridge. In the pic you can see it is pulling black from both which could mean something has gone wrong. Has anyone seen their printer do this?

Attachments

• IMG_0060.jpg
    IMG_0060.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 83

APCInk

Merchant Member
Normally the printer will favor the cartridge with the lowest remaining ink first, however as cartridges get near expiration date the machine will favor oldest ink first to use it up before it expires. Check your expiration dates - this may be why it switched.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
As APCink said, most likely one of the cartridges is expiring sooner than the other and it switched to use the closer expiration date first.

gabagoo

Yes that must be it as when I loaded the new cartridge in the beginning it showed I had 2 months. Thanks guys...smart machine