• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Why the limited gamut?

Bly

+ 1
Morgan is the man.

Yes he is. Heed his advice those who want to learn about correct colour.

I've done it both ways - no custom iccs, print and tweak - and custom profiling.
Believe me, getting a handle on colour management practice was one of the best business investments I've made.

eye4clr

I've done it both ways - no custom iccs, print and tweak - and custom profiling.
Believe me, getting a handle on colour management practice was one of the best business investments I've made.

Shhhhhhhh! Don't let the secret out.

Terremoto

Once you get your equipment linearized and your profiles created don't forget to create your work in the PROPER color space. Avoid as many color conversions as possible between your design program and your wide format digital printer.

If you're feeding your RIP PDFs make sure you embed the color profile you used to create the original artwork. Also make sure you don't have your RIP set to ignore ICC profiles. I've seen that more than once!

Once you get a handle on color management it will save you a TON of grief!