• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Why use a RIP?

w2csa

OK, I know this is a NEWBIE question but...

I just purchased a used Roland SP300 (Not V).

I just got a couple jobs to put it to work right away!

I am comfortable with Corel X3 as I use with my Laser.

There is a software RIP called Roland COLORIP that came with the printer.

With Corel, why use a RIP?

Do users of Flexi use a RIP too?

Thanks!

Techman

with corel u can use the postscript printer,, its takes a load of figuring out, but it can be done..

Not sure about your machine though..

It is much easier to export your corel work to the RIP that came with the printer., I would do that if i had it available.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
You use a RIP because this isn't a desktop printer on steroids. It's a digital printing machine and you have to become at least a semi-skilled digital pressman to realize anything resembling acceptable and more importantly, consistent results. On a variety of sometimes wildly different media.

You have control over and therefore must exercise control over minutiae never dreamed about with desktop printers. Everything from ink droplet size, dither patterns, ink limits, heater temperature, asymmetric resolution, speed, number of passes, and a host of other things. Not necessarily all of these all of the time, but all of them some of the time and some of them all of the time.

With Corel, comfortable as you might be with it, your best bet is to publish to PDF or failing that, export to some supported bitmap format and then import that into your RIP.

Flexi Pro has it's own resident RIP.

A decent RIP costs in the thousands of dollars. Why do you suppose that is?

Flame

OK, I know this is a NEWBIE question but...

I just purchased a used Roland SP300 (Not V).

I just got a couple jobs to put it to work right away!

I am comfortable with Corel X3 as I use with my Laser.

There is a software RIP called Roland COLORIP that came with the printer.

With Corel, why use a RIP?

Do users of Flexi use a RIP too?

Thanks!

Very newb question there. You have to have a RIP to send info to your printer, to print color onto your vinyl. Pretty basic. :cool:

D

DARLAK

bob's answers rock.....

it really doesn't matter what the subject

w2csa

Thank you all,
This is what, I think, this Forum is all about.
Bob,
Your resonse is exactly what I was wanting to learn.
It helps me understand, and perhaps others reading this thread.
Thanks all for taking the timw to respond, not ....... nevermind!

Thanks.
Chris