• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Why will black and magenta not print now?

SameDay Signs

Recently picked up a JV3 with SS2 inks strictly mimaki in them. Test draw and sample prints are great. Took to my place and hour away got there and the draws where terrible.

The black/magenta and blue/yellow heads were completely clear as there was only light cyan/light magenta printing. Was told to fill ink a few times since air will get into lines and it may even take 5 or 6 fills but it will come back. The yellow and blue head came back beautifully but the red and black has yet to come back.

Below is a picture of the tubes and I'm wondering where in the world do these go because I'm guessing its what making the printer not print. Can't get ahold of a tech till monday so I'm just making sure everythings ok and I can get it going.

The cap stations where the black would go is empty even after a clean and ink fill though the otheres are fine

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED

Attachments

• 0_IMAG0020.jpg
    0_IMAG0020.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 75

SameDay Signs

Also I wanted to show what the draws look like. The blue and yellow I spoke of in the above post was completely white(blank) and thats how the black and magenta is. Though the black and yellow decided not to come back.

hmmm....

Attachments

• 00.jpg
    00.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 68

artbot

until you figure out just what is going on with your printer (which probably isn't that bad) you need to be keeping that black/magenta head wet. put some cleaning solution on the bottom of it. do a head soak something. you are currently ruining the head ($800 each).

as far as the tubes. a jv3 s owner will be a bit more help. i've got an sp so the pump is different. but it definitely looks like you've got some pump lines disconnected. there are lines that go to the bottom of the caps. lines that separate the pumps from the caps.... just look around for a missing end.

i can send you a jv3 160s manual. maybe that will help.