• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

wi-ex cell phone signal

Ruddbow

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has tried the Wi-Ex cell phone booster.
http://www.wi-ex.com/Page/3427/Products_-_For_Home_or_Office.aspx

I live in the midwest and have good signal strength. But once I go into my shop (steel building), and in my office (steel office within that steel building) reception is horrible. I have read up on several models and it appears the above is one of the best on the market?

Question 2: I have rural dsl ran from my house to my shop (200') and when I buried the line I assumed I could still have my phone land-line. I hooked up the phone and it is horrible as well and ruins all phone connections at the house. I am told I need to bury another line, separate from the one already buried. If the signal booster works for my cell than I am not concerned with making the land line operable.

I would appreciate any responses you may have.

Ruddbow

yes I have. Marginally better. Like most people if my dsl did not require a land line I would eliminate that all together.

SignManiac

I may have to try the same thing. My situation is like yours. Shop is 200' from the house, steel building, crappy cell phone connection inside. I was just thinking about a booster the other day so good timing, Thanks.

Ruddbow

I have been wanting to implement this for several months now. I did some testing to see which window has best bar strength. From what I have read this is worthless if you have poor reception outside the building. It cannot amplify a bad connection to good. But if you have full bars it will maintain them indoors with this device. I think there are a few youtube vids out there. $200+ is what stopped me from pulling the trigger. It's been nice out so stepping outside has not been a problem....this will change very soon though.

Ruddbow

update

I purchased the Wi-Ex. Did some additional testing and found my initial location was best. I think once spring rolls around I will reduce the length of the cable and bury it. It works far better than I hoped. Almost full signal strength. No dropped calls, and haven't had to repeat myself yet.

Attachments

• unit.JPG
    unit.JPG
    12 KB · Views: 80
  • pole.JPG
    pole.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 66

Mosh

The dsl/phone problem. The filter you get at radio shack is not as good as the ones the phone cops send out. We added a phone line our selves and bought a filter at RS, it didn't work. I had the phone cops roll out, they just gave us a new filter and bang, the phone worked perfectly. Wi-ex, don't know anything about that, we get good cell in our steel buildings.