• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Will a Valuejet 1614 motherboard run in a Valuejet 1604?

heyskull

Will a Valuejet 1614 motherboard run in a Valuejet 1604?
I fitted a spare 1614 motherboard I have into our 1604 but it comes up with a E066Err PF Encoder fault.
I have checked all the cables and everything is OK
Once I swap back to the original 1604 it all works again.
Is their something I can reset to loose this encoder error?
Checked on a new motherboard and it says it fits 1604 or 1614.

Still have my network socket fault on my 1604 and the cable is now being held up with cable ties.

Many Thanks
Sean

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Technically it should work. The two main differences between the machines is the firmware adds a faster motor speed and the dampers have been changed to keep up with the stronger ink flow required for the faster speed. All other parts are the same. Maybe your 1614 board is damaged too? You could try putting 1604 firmware on the board but at a certain serial number they put a safeguard on the board to prevent changing models. If yours is old enough, it just might work.

heyskull

Yes you are correct.
Once looking very very closely at the board their are four minute resistors on it next to the PF encoder plug one of them has blown.
I think it is the one marked R270.
Where can I get one of these?
It looks way beyond my eyesight and soldering skills to fit it though!

SC