• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Will adding the online dryer to a ecosol printer eliminate gas out time?

Shadowglen

I have been all over this site and have seen many different views on gassing out and the use of dryers but most of that talk was from about 4 or 5 years ago. I would like a fresh perspective on this. I have a new VP640 with the take up system coming in next week that I will be inking double cmyk for speed. That being said I am on the fence to spend $2,200 more for the inline dryer but if it will speed up the gassing out time it will pay for itself with the time savings. also I worry that the print may not be dry by the time it hits the take up tube. I currently have a SP 540I that I don't have an issue with but it is rated at 85 SQ FT P/H and the VP is rated at 280 SQ FT P/H not sure how often it will be running that fast or even how true that is. So My 2 questions: Will cure time (OUT GASSING) be lowered and will my prints be rolling up wet without the dryer? Thanks Dave.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Out of curiosity, what did the distributor tell you ?? If they didn't, why not ask a certified Roland tech or call them direct yourself ??

I'm sure that different parts of the country will only yield various results/answers. If the manufacturer can't tell ya for sure, I don't think anyone here can tell ya, as we're all on different specs and you'll onoly get what works under different conditions for all.

Sure, they'll say anything to sell something, but they also have to tell the truth, so be sure to drill them hard and give you written answers. None of this verbal... I think so or it should do this or that. You need concrete answers. :thumb:

Shadowglen

I did not read about the faster out gassing until after I talked to my rep. He actually did not try and talk me into the dryer. He said work with it and see if you have issues with the speed and drying. so I was just looking for some real world advice from people using the same equipment. I do realize temp and humidity play a big role in drying times and I just had not heard about faster outgassing with the aid of a dryer. I usually try to outgas for 24 hrs before laminating. I thought if I could shorten that time with a dryer I would, but I would think even if drying faster it would still need the time to outgas. My rep is out this week so I could not run it by him. I will call Roland direct.

fozzie

Get a dryer

Get a dryer if u can. First time u go high speed and find out the ink wasn't dry before it hit the takeup, you'll be glad. We have an Epson sure color and even with its big dryer we still put 2 BBC dryers in front when running high speeds.

Bly

We have a Roland with the added dryer and it is worth the money.
We use HP latex machines for wraps though.

Gene@mpls

I have a VP540 and built a dryer setup and my own roller- vinyl goes directly to the laminator after printing. That said... I use Triangle MLD inx and I beleive they dry
faster than Rolands. Gene