• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Will an Epson S80600 fit through a standard interior door width?

InkHead

I'm in a temporary location and looking to order an S80600. Will it fit through a standard interior door? I think the width of the door is 32 inches.

The dimensions I find online are 103" W x 34" D x 53" H

I'm assuming the widest part includes the front heater. Is that removable? Or is it the 34" deep because of the take up reel and media feed unit? If its because of the take up and media feed unit, i think those can be assembled after it goes through the door opening?

Does anyone have the dimensions of the machine on the stand without the media feed unit and take up reel installed?

Last edited:

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
34" is pretty accurate... I just measured ours and that measurement is from the front edge of the heater unit to the rear-most part of the media feed section which sits in-line vertically with the bottom of the printer stand anyway, so removing it wouldn't gain you a lot of leverage.
You could possibly get the printer through a 32" door if you removed the big poles on the rear feed and wheeled the printer in on an angle a little bit.

InkHead

34" is pretty accurate... I just measured ours and that measurement is from the front edge of the heater unit to the rear-most part of the media feed section which sits in-line vertically with the bottom of the printer stand anyway, so removing it wouldn't gain you a lot of leverage.
You could possibly get the printer through a 32" door if you removed the big poles on the rear feed and wheeled the printer in on an angle a little bit.
Hmm. So the take up feed is in line with the back of the printer unit itself? Rolling it in angled may work but since this is a temp location, I don't know how well that would work when we need to move it out and it's filled with ink. We have a Mimaki UCJV in the location now that we will be moving out but it's only ~27" wide so that was no issue

InkHead

Just re-read your post and I understand what you mean by angle. I was thinking tilted lol

Do you know if the front heater unit is removable? I think it would be possible to roll it in at an angle if the heater unit comes off and without the media feed and take up unit installed

BVG

We fit ours through a door that was 31" with no trouble. IIRC there's a section in the manual about how to prep the printer for narrow doors.

The heater unit on the front can be loosened and swung down to give clearance. Combining that with removing the front and rear media holders meant it was pretty easy.

InkHead

We fit ours through a door that was 31" with no trouble. IIRC there's a section in the manual about how to prep the printer for narrow doors.

The heater unit on the front can be loosened and swung down to give clearance. Combining that with removing the front and rear media holders meant it was pretty easy.
This is the info I think I needed. I tried looking in the manuals I found online but didn't see anything about moving through narrow doors. Maybe I'm just looking at the wrong document. I'll keep looking for it though. This helps a ton!
The S80 goes through a normal door. The S70 didn't as the heater stuck out farther. I know that from experience. haha.
Good to hear another confirmed case on the S80.

What did you end up doing with the S70? I have to know now

DaveD

I had to take off the take-up real and a couple brackets on the heater unit on ours to fit.

BVG

This is the info I think I needed. I tried looking in the manuals I found online but didn't see anything about moving through narrow doors. Maybe I'm just looking at the wrong document. I'll keep looking for it though. This helps a ton!

image001.png

ProColorGraphics

I ended up taking the heater off to get it through the door, as I didn't want to take it back off of the stand. When it was off of the stand, I was able to tilt it to get it to fit.

Saturn

Aging Member
Mine fit through a 35" door without taking anything off (although you should take off the take-up reel knobs regardless, so you don't bend/break them.)

Looks like it would just barely fit through a 32" inch door if you took off the entire rear take-up reel and support arms. If you could loosen the heater just a tad, then for sure, but I've not had to do that.

netsol

or get a handyman to remove some of the door trim. you could gain 2 inches, and leave your epson "virgin" (with perhaps a scuff on the sides, at worst)

InkHead

Thanks all! I just put in an order for the S80600L. Can't wait!

Another question and maybe I should create another post about this but as I understand it, the S80600L comes with full version of Onyx Thrive. We currently use Flexi Subscription and create our own profiles. We don't really design in Flexi at all so its more importing the design file, ripping and printing. We also create our own profiles and use Summa cutters. I've never used Onyx but I assume Thrive can run the printer, cutter and we can still create our own profiles within Thrive

I don't see a reason to keep Flexi except the familiarity but I don't mind learning a new RIP and why pay for the subscription with Flexi?

Will be using white ink quite a bit so hopefully its somewhat easy to do in Thrive. I guess I'll be watching some youtube videos to try grasp Onyx workflow and how to do things

CanuckSigns

Thanks all! I just put in an order for the S80600L. Can't wait!

Another question and maybe I should create another post about this but as I understand it, the S80600L comes with full version of Onyx Thrive. We currently use Flexi Subscription and create our own profiles. We don't really design in Flexi at all so its more importing the design file, ripping and printing. We also create our own profiles and use Summa cutters. I've never used Onyx but I assume Thrive can run the printer, cutter and we can still create our own profiles within Thrive

I don't see a reason to keep Flexi except the familiarity but I don't mind learning a new RIP and why pay for the subscription with Flexi?

Will be using white ink quite a bit so hopefully its somewhat easy to do in Thrive. I guess I'll be watching some youtube videos to try grasp Onyx workflow and how to do things
It's been a few years since we got our s80600, but at the time it came with onyx gammaprint, which is a stripped down print only version of onyx, you couldn't add crop marks for cutting. Might want to check and see which version it really come with.

InkHead

It's been a few years since we got our s80600, but at the time it came with onyx gammaprint, which is a stripped down print only version of onyx, you couldn't add crop marks for cutting. Might want to check and see which version it really come with.
The S80600 comes with Gammaprint but the S80600L comes with Thrive

netsol

does onyx require a cmyk license on your spectro? i assume you have an. I1 and make profiles in flexi.
many other rips require that your unit has a cmyk license to build profiles

InkHead

Thrive is the top end package from Onyx. It can do everything you've listed easily.
Yup I just was researching this as well. Should be good to go hopefully.

does onyx require a cmyk license on your spectro? i assume you have an. I1 and make profiles in flexi.
many other rips require that your unit has a cmyk license to build profiles
We have the i1 Publish Pro 2 (I think thats what its called). We can do cmyk printers, monitors, etc.. I think it was the top package when we bought it a few years ago.

netsol

ok, but, flexi subscription supports all modes eith the I1
many rips require the license, flexi DOES NOT.

this effects those of us that have purchased I1 on ebay or other sites