• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Will older Flexi work on WIndows 10 ?

RiXaX

If I get Windows 10, will my older versions work with it? I have 7.6 that I use on XP, and I'd like to have Flexi 10 on Windows 10 if it'll work.
What is the last version of Flexi that is not cloud based and still has it's own security key not requiring internet and you own it and don't rent it?

FrankW

You will run in problems with Flexi 7.6 with Windows Vista or higher. Flexi 7 has started in 2002, Flexi 8 is available since 2006. Flexi 7.6 is a really old version.

WildWestDesigns

In situations like this, I always recommend running a VM (that way it is only temporary if it doesn't work) on a computer that has the resources to support running 2 full OSs.

See about getting an ISO of Win 10. I do believe that MS has gone back to allowing you to skip the activation on original install (with Win 8, you actually had to create a file that allowed this) in order to try it out. Load it in the VM and then load your Flexi software within the VM and see if it works.

I don't know if 2002 is too old for modern OSs, I do know that CS2 (which is 2003 if I remember correctly) runs fine on Win 7 even without having to run in XP compatibility mode.

Or if you have the installation disks for XP (if it was an OEM install, may have some issues there), you can do the reverse of the above and run XP in a VM and thus don't have to worry about it.

CreatedDesigns

My flexi 12 is still run off my dongle but I have not made the switch from win 7 to 10 just yet. But I would assume it would be just fine.

kheebl

If you have a spare computer laying around with win 7 or higher you could do the free upgrade to 10 and try it out, if it doesn't work you have 30 days to revert back to the previous os.

RiXaX

What does it mean to run a VM? What is an ISO?
This old brush pusher is out of touch in this modern computer world.
Thanks

WildWestDesigns

What does it mean to run a VM?

VM stands for Virtual Machine.

What is an ISO?

ISO is compressed image file. Think of it as a different version of a zip file.

Essentially what you are doing with a VM is running a computer within a computer. So computer resources (HD space, RAM amount) are paramount. I wouldn't use it on the XP machine as that is only a 32 bit machine and you would have to have 64 bit machine as a host to run a 64 bit VM.

I use VMs on all of my computers except my Cintiq tablet, mainly because I use Linux as a host, but need Windows to run my production programs.

If I get Windows 10, will my older versions work with it? I have 7.6 that I use on XP, and I'd like to have Flexi 10 on Windows 10 if it'll work.
What is the last version of Flexi that is not cloud based and still has it's own security key not requiring internet and you own it and don't rent it?

It has been a number of years now, so my memory may be betraying me, but here goes:

FlexiSIGN version 8.5 was the earliest version that was built to be compatible with Windows 7, either 32-bit or 64-bit. I would expect that it is the oldest version that is effectively compatible with Windows 10.

Windows 7 and 8 have included VMs for Windows XP mode, provided the OS version is Professional or higher.

The typical problem with earlier versions of FlexiSIGN is not with the program per se, but the driver for the dongle is not compatible with the OS being used.

trakers

We ported over an old copy of VE LXi Master Plus 8.0v3 and it works great on a brand new machine we built running Windows 10.

I'n not sure if the version #'s of the VE LXi version lines up with the official Flexi or not.

I was concerned about the hardware security dongle, but that was not an issue.

Flexi 8.1 Windows 10 - Cut / Plot EZ Fix

Hello everyone
I cannot get 8.6 to work on Windows 10, production manger comes up, but the cut/plot screen won't come up.
Are there any tweaks you used to get 8.1 to work?

I had the same issue, most likely all you need to do is disable TCP/IP communication. Go to:

Edit-Preferences-Tools-Rip and Print
Uncheck "Connect to Local Production Manager using TCP/IP

I went totally nuts trying to figure out the issue. I have never needed to uncheck that before Win 10.

Cut Plot issue fix for Flexi 8x in Windows 10

Hi there i'm in the same situation as you. Did you get a fix for this?

I had the same issue, most likely all you need to do is disable TCP/IP communication. Go to:

Edit-Preferences-Tools-Rip and Print
Uncheck "Connect to Local Production Manager using TCP/IP

I went totally nuts trying to figure out the issue. I have never needed to uncheck that before Win 10.