• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Will PhotoTex stick to indoor painted block?

TheSnowman

I have the local university that I'm printing some locker room graphics for. They asked for "Fathead" material to do this graphic, which I use PhotoTex for all the time and it's great. My question is...will it stick to painted inside block? I know it's only recommended for drywall, so I'm wondering if I need to go with some other kind of material on this one. If I can't use that, can I use just regular 3651 or something?

Haven't messed with much block wall graphics thus far in my graphics world, it's all been drywall for indoor.

SignManiac

Print a small test panel and stick in on the wall for a few days. That should give you your answer. If it's going on paint I think it would be fine. I put it up on my textured painted wall and it's fine. Just might depend on the kind of paint its going on.

knucklehead

I put some on my bare, poured concrete wall in my basement. Stayed there for a couple of years, till we moved. Pretty sure it will adhere to painted block.

MikePro

there's a version of phototex available that has a stronger adhesive, intended for situations such as this.

Stick to Painted Cement

YES it will ! We have had great results with the normal Photo Tex sticking to painted cement. Outdoors you may want to use the EX (50% Stronger) as the wall may have dust. As Always we are happy to send a Free Sample roll for testing. Just e mail me walterjr@phototexgroup.com