• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

win 10 beware

WildWestDesigns

If obscure ads for free os and updates us all you have to deal with I say it no big deal.

That's actually the least of my worries. It's a big annoyance, but it's the least of my worries.

If you research the subject, Microsoft will be updating all OS versions back to 7 with ads in various places.... So good luck with never updating to protect against os exploits.

Another reason why running Windows through a VM and using Fedora as a host works so well, at least for me.

OldPaint

MICROSOFT....... in their effort to make an OS for the masses and make money from it, has in turn caused people to look at other OS SYSTEMS. MACS are the other choice..but they are almost as bad as windows.
LINUX............is looking better and better............for those of us who dont want to be OWNED.

Jwalk

I get that we pay for everything from advertisement. Thats the way of the world. Is windows 10 free now? Because I have never received windows for free.

I do have updates disabled, I haven't updated since 05/23/15. Maybe I'll be more careful when I'm updating now. I don't mind new things but if it aint broke then don't fix it. Window 7 is working just fine or me so why bother upgrading .

WildWestDesigns

MICROSOFT....... in their effort to make an OS for the masses and make money from it, has in turn caused people to look at other OS SYSTEMS. MACS are the other choice..but they are almost as bad as windows.
LINUX............is looking better and better............for those of us who dont want to be OWNED.

You can do so much more with it as well with regard to customization. It just requires a little bit more knowledge of what you are doing as you can "break" an install if you aren't careful.

Although, as many distros that are out there, they all have some quirks, so choose accordingly as to what fits your needs.

But for me, Fedora-Virtualbox-Win 7 Pro is a good combination that takes care of my needs without any of the worries that seem to be popping up lately.

I get that we pay for everything from advertisement. Thats the way of the world. Is windows 10 free now? Because I have never received windows for free.

I do have updates disabled, I haven't updated since 05/23/15. Maybe I'll be more careful when I'm updating now. I don't mind new things but if it aint broke then don't fix it. Window 7 is working just fine or me so why bother upgrading .

I do believe that what is in bold is the main reason why you haven't gotten any notification(s) about Win 10 upgrading. Now it also does depend on what version of Win 7 you are running as well.

This is an interesting little article as well.