• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Win7 update issue

SignBurst PCs

Brett, I completely agree. I have worked with thousands of computers and been responsible for many, many networks. IMHO, Windows Updates are mandatory, unless the computer is to never go online and never to touch an outside (un-scanned) file. How you decide to install those updates is preference. I can see the value of immediately as well as waiting a couple days. Both have their merits and drawbacks. I too believe that you are asking for trouble by ignoring them.

That being said, there can be exceptions to these rules. While I would NEVER recommend it, there are those who are diligent enough (or lucky enough) to avoid problems simply by managing their online activity to avoid risk. This can be done, but I don't think that it is worth the risk. There are those that don't run security software and never see a hint of malware, but I would never recommend that either.