• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Window Perf AKA View-Thru vinyl - brand reccomendations?

SignProPlus-Chip

Just wondering what brands some of you are using.

Fellers sells a brand called Solvex for a ridiculously low price, but I am looking for feedback on quality. Seems too inexpensive to be good.

Leaning toward Oracal for our general use.

We are looking for material to be used on rear windows of vans, trucks etc...

Chime on in with your thoughts;)

AceSignsOnline

I just tried the Solvex for the first time. Printed great and laid better than the Oracal we've been using. However, I can't say much for the long-term durability. Not that you should expect anything "long-term" from perf anyway.

I probably wouldn't have tried it, but... My sales rep at Felcher's (who is paid on commission), recommended it to me by saying that they sell more of that than any other perf and that they haven't had any problems with it. Of course, he's a salesman, so I only believe half of what he says haha.

TDFcustomSL

The only perf I have ever used I got from Signworld. Works great, printed great, and is actually holding up longer than the customer expected it to. I used 1/4inch black pinstripe tape to seal the edges down.

JgS

I just got done printing some Solvex. It's drying on the rack right now. The print looks pretty good. I was planing on laminating it before installing it. I'll let you know how it goes.

rjssigns

We usually run Solvex, but it gets sprayed with S-W Kut-In clear. None of our clients complain about any failures/fading. We've sold to clients in CA, AZ and Trinidad.