• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Window Perf Films - What are YOU using? (for the HP25500)

ShoNuff

The Doer of Things
Window perf films - What are YOU using?

We're running HP25500 with latex inks. So far we've used Briteline Window Perfs from Grimco with varied end results. First we noticed there was an issue with the laminate combination. We change from clearlam to curvalam... but its order time again and we're trying to get a consensus on what the lot of other shops are using with success. Preferably what brand you're using for vehicles and shops. I know the differences between the 50/50 - 65/35 and where they go for applications...

I just would like to know what everyone else is having successful results with (Hopefully using the same printer we are.)

Thanks in advance!

airborneassault

Get ahold of BigFish (Josh). He has some awesome products and his window perf is no exception and at the briteline price or better. Works great in the L25500.

ShoNuff

The Doer of Things
Any opinions on Solvex? That was referred to us by another company who's apparently been using it for quite some time. Ive read good and bad on the brand but have no first hand experience with it.

ShoNuff

The Doer of Things
Thanks for the replies everyone. Still havent nailed down a selection. Im sure it will all happen tomorrow anyway....

Til then!

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Oh man you gotta use my perf you will love it I guarantee and it's killer in the latex machines or solvent.

VTSigns

Talk to BigFish. His perf works awesome in the HP Latex. The quality and price are unbeatable. You wont' regret it. Give him a shout.

OlsonSigns601

Nothing wrong with Solvex.

Its got a 1 year life rating and I've had it on vehicles for at least 2 years not laminated and it looks fine.

So for something they say will only last 1 year and it lasts for 2, not bad in my opinion.

ShoNuff

The Doer of Things
Josh - Do you have a website link I could follow? Or samples I could try? We are looking for a solid source for great materials for the HP25500.

omgsideburns

We use a Clearfocus material.. not sure what #. We have a hard time printing on any of the materials that don't have that hybrid paper/plastic backer since our machine puts out so much ink it clogs up all the holes and the clearfocus has that so we've stuck with it.

d fleming

6 months tops in Fla. If you're lucky. If you like unhappy customers, solvex is the way to go.

Its got a 1 year life rating and I've had it on vehicles for at least 2 years not laminated and it looks fine.

So for something they say will only last 1 year and it lasts for 2, not bad in my opinion.

ShoNuff

The Doer of Things
Burns- can you get me the product number when you get a chance? It would be greatly appreciated. Looks like ClassicVue is the vehicle choice in ClearFocus products.. but then again, Ive heard both good and bad.. But in reality.. its window perf so theres always going to be a 50/50 or 65/35 chance in pros vs. cons

*badoomboomcha*

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Josh - Do you have a website link I could follow? Or samples I could try? We are looking for a solid source for great materials for the HP25500.

No website yet (lots of red tape with some companies I work with) I talked with your partner and we are all setup ready to rock it! You will be happy with it for sure.

shoresigns

Perf without laminate on vehicles? That sounds dangerous. Does it not turn into beer goggles when it gets rained on?

RSC Graphics

ClearFocus. I've used Briteline perf... lower your heat, use 12 pass.

Im using the Briteline on an L25500 and the first 25' worked perfectly but after that I got head strikes every time. Lowered heat gradually until ink was not curing and still had head strikes. Frustrating to say the least. I see that you suggest 12 pass. I wonder if you would take a look at the attached settings and recommend other adjustments.
perf.jpg