• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Window Perf Lines

Ldireprophil

Did a search but didn't hit on this. What's causing the lines and how to correct them. Anyone got a good icc profile you could send me to try?

Economy 70/30 window perf on Latex 365.

Attachments

• atos.JPG
    atos.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 219

wleong

Did a search but didn't hit on this. What's causing the lines and how to correct them. Anyone got a good icc profile you could send me to try?

I would try adjusting the Z height of the print head.

William

Ldireprophil

All other material is fine. Brand new perf roll out of the box. The profile ran is HP one-view window perf which on 12 pass. (see pic)

Attachments

• IMG_7156.JPG
    IMG_7156.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 168

wildside

looks like heat streaks to me. We have good luck with perf at 10 pass with 110 ink. I think the heat setting is about 219 on clear focus material. If you are running that many passes with that heavy of saturation, it may be moving so slow it creates those heat streaks.

Superior_Adam

I would set up your own profile if possible. Not sure if the 365 allows that like the 560/570. Every material we print on is on our profile to get the best quality. Those lines look like a heat issue to me

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Does it look like that off of the liner? The way it collects in the holes might have something to do with the look, but I doubt it.

MikePro

considering its perf, the issue usually comes from high temps & high ink levels causing the material or liner to buckle ever so slightly, causing distortion in the way the ink is laid as it travels over high & low spots in the media.

i would try tweaking your settings to a slightly lower temp and/or higher vacuum to see if you an remedy.
worst-case, you can always try printing onto clear and laminating that to the perf.

Ldireprophil

After some tweaking a newly created profile, I was able to get some color consistency in this 61x68 (2 pieces) window perf without the lines. Raised vacuum, lowered the heat, lowered ink density, increased interpass delay.

Attachments

• finished print.JPG
    finished print.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 130